PDA

View Full Version : Palm ToDo only sync'd a few records

TonyT
06-27-2013, 06:06 PM
I've been having lots of crashes but finally got a few clean syncs in. Only two To Do Palm items have synced with the Android device. One of those has synced with three duplicates. It is syncing from the Android device back to the Palm. Windows 7. CompanionLink 5.0 build 5068.

It would appear the software keeps an internal database within Windows of the Palm data. I suspect the flags in that database indicating what records have been synced is screwed up.

Also I see a calendar item I added today got synced twice in the Android device.

Belinda
06-28-2013, 02:11 PM
I've been having lots of crashes but finally got a few clean syncs in. Only two To Do Palm items have synced with the Android device. One of those has synced with three duplicates. It is syncing from the Android device back to the Palm. Windows 7. CompanionLink 5.0 build 5068.

It would appear the software keeps an internal database within Windows of the Palm data. I suspect the flags in that database indicating what records have been synced is screwed up.

Also I see a calendar item I added today got synced twice in the Android device.

Tony -

Where are you seeing crashes, in CompanionLink or in DejaOffice? Is there an error message? The best way to resolve a crash is to get a log of it happening. I've sent you a direct message with instructions.

It is possible that the crash, duplications and lack of records are all part of the same problem. Just in case, though, please check the Date Range setting in CompanionLink. Depending on how old the tasks are, they may be falling out of this range: Open CompanionLink > Advanced Settings > Calendar. What is Date Range set to?

TonyT
06-28-2013, 04:23 PM
The crashes I'm not worried about as downloading the Samsung USB drivers seems to have resolved that problem so the USB sync is working.

I have 9999 st in the Date Range.

Also at least one memo didn't sync and at least one Contact, which has been added since the first sync I did, is now sitting on my Android device 4 or 6 times. As is one particular calendar item which I added since my first synch.

Belinda
06-28-2013, 05:30 PM
The crashes I'm not worried about as downloading the Samsung USB drivers seems to have resolved that problem so the USB sync is working.

I have 9999 st in the Date Range.

Also at least one memo didn't sync and at least one Contact, which has been added since the first sync I did, is now sitting on my Android device 4 or 6 times. As is one particular calendar item which I added since my first synch.

TonyT -

Does CompanionLink read the correct amount of records? (Check the lower left corner of the program). If so, you may have a display filter set in DejaOffice. Open DejaTasks, then tap on Menu > Categories > Make sure All Categories is set.

If you're sure that the display filter is correct in DejaOffice, try one more sync from CompanionLink. Before you sync, click on Options > Reread Palm Desktop data. Does this sync move over the items?

-Belinda

TonyT
07-01-2013, 11:27 PM
Oh yeah, categories. I got an error message on my first sync telling me I had more than 16 categories or something like that. The Palm allows for x, for whatever value of x is, categories per each of Calendar, To Do, Memo and Tasks. It would appear that Deja Office only allows for 16 categories for all of the Calendar, To Do, Memo and Tasks items.

How do I tell this forum/BBS software to email me when you, or someone else replies?

I have no idea if CompanionLink has read the correct number of records as there are hundreds in each of Calendar, To Do, Memo and Tasks. Well only 29 in Palm Tasks but I'm only see 9 in the DejaOffice Tasks. Mind you of those 9 6 are duplicates. There are about 29 items in the Palm ToDo list. The display filter UI was a bit confusing but now I get it. I'm indeed showing all Tasks in DejaOffice.

Ok, clicking on lick on Options > Reread Palm Desktop data has fixed my data. Awesome. Looks like I'm happy and I can retire my trusty Palm TX. See if I can get $10 or $20 for it on Ebay. <smile>