PDA

View Full Version : DJO and Outlook Calendar Alarms never sync!

boulds
07-03-2013, 09:49 AM
I have been using DJO/CompanionLinK to sync with Outlook for at least a couple of years and overall it is great. However, this feature has never worked for me (at least the way I think it should)!

If I dismiss a calendar event alarm in DJO and then, later in the day, snooze the same calendar event alarm in Outlook (say for the next morning), then sync... When the next morning comes around, the alarm pops up in Outlook, but is gone for good in DJO. Should take the latest change, but does not.

If I dismiss a calendar event alarm in Outlook and then, later in the day, snooze the same calendar event alarm in DJO, then sync... When the snooze time comes, the alarm is gone for good on both Outlook and DJO. Should take the latest change, but does not.

If I snooze a calendar event alarm in DJO and don't touch the OL alarm that is active in the reminder window, then the OL alarm stays active in reminder window and the DJO alarm comes back (buzzes/pops up) at the specified snooze time. The OL alarm should disappear from the reminder window until the specified snooze time.

If I snooze a calendar event alarm in OL and don't touch the DJO alarm that is active in notification bar, then the DJO alarm stays active in notification bar (and also buzzes/pops up on screen during sync and will stay on screen if don't hit back button) and the OL alarm comes back (buzzes/pops up) at the specified snooze time. The DJO alarm will buzz/pop up again at the specified time, but the behavior should be that the DJO alarm does not buzz/pop up during sync and that the notification icon go away until the specified snooze time.

If I dismiss a calendar event alarm in DJO and don't touch the OL alarm that is active in the reminder window, then the OL alarm stays active in reminder window and the DJO alarm is gone for good. The OL alarm should disappear from the reminder window.

If I dismiss a calendar event alarm in OL and don't touch the DJO alarm that is active in the notification bar, then the OL alarm goes away for good and the DJO alarm buzzes/pops up on screen during sync. I noticed that if I hit the back button to get out of popup and then went into my calendar and opened this calender event alarm, it now had no alarm set. The DJO alarm should not buzz/pop up during sync and definitely shouldn't be there after.

As I said above, this alarm dismiss/snooze functionality has never worked correctly for me. It has become a point of great frustration...please help.

Thanks.

DJOCTO
07-03-2013, 11:42 AM
Here is the current state of the Sync:

1. Calendar Alarm Status synchronizes; The alarm time and the fact that the alarm should ring.

2. Calendar Snooze Status does NOT synchronize. So if you are snoozed on one side, after the sync the snooze status does not sync.

3. Snoozing in Outlook does not "change" the record. So this does not sync.

4. Unknown with DejaConnect USB (Soon to be renamed USB - ADB Mode), whether Dismissed status synchronizes in either direction. Two things are done with Dismiss; the 1. Alarm is turned off, and 2. The record is marked updated. I'm not sure if these both function on both platforms.

Upcoming changes:

Because of the faster nature of our DejaCloud "Push" sync, we are thinking about synchronizing snooze status. In testing this, we will probably address these other issues. This presumes we can even set snooze status in Outlook, and I'm not sure if the Outlook API lets us do that.

Thanks for your detailed notes.

boulds
07-03-2013, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the quick response. Hopefully it will work out so you can set snooze status in Outlook and also the Dismiss function. I have to really think about what I want to do with the alarm on each platform when one pops up and having those things fixed would definitely be great! I will be keeping my eyes and ears open for updates to DJO and CL.

Just curious, what sort of timeline do you think you are looking at for these sort of updates?

Thanks again!

boulds
08-14-2013, 08:25 AM
Any update on syncing calendar snooze and dismiss functionality with Outlook?

DJOCTO
08-14-2013, 05:04 PM
Probably not for a while yet. But it is good to remind me. It's definitely on the to-do list, just not at the top yet.

boulds
02-28-2014, 02:59 PM
How about now? Any update on syncing calendar snooze and dismiss functionality with Outlook?

DJOCTO
03-03-2014, 09:18 AM
We are probably not going to sync snooze status in this cycle. It would appear to be a support issue. For now an alarm needs to be dismissed once on device and once on PC.

This would be a large change (has to be done with each sync system and platform, and that's a lot of systems and platforms).

Others feel free to chime in if we should do this now.