PDA

View Full Version : DejaOffice CRM Live - General Info Sticky

DJOCTO
07-15-2013, 10:43 AM
Here is a link for DejaOffice Live.

http://crm.dejaoffice.com/login/

If you purchase CompanionLink for your PC Sync, you will get one year free DejaCloud service. If you purchased CompanionLink more than a year ago, you will be contacted soon to sign up for further cloud sync support. There will be an ongoing charge of about $5 per month, billed quarterly or annually (i.e. about $50 per year) if you use PC or Mac sync.

In late 2013 and early 2014 we will be rolling out "Connectors"

To use a Connector, you simply check that you want it, and supply the authorization. This is a secure authorization so your passords are NOT stored by us, only the authentication token.

Connectors To:

Google: Will roll out December 2013
Office 365: 1Qtr 2014
SalesForce: 1 Qtr 2014

In addition to connectors, in early 2014 we hope to add the following:

1. Multiple person scheduling; i.e. a resource view that shows multiple people's calendar and lets you add, change and delete items.

2. Report writing system - and integrated graph and report system.

Thanks everyone for checking out DejaOffice CRM Live.

WhoWhatWhen
07-16-2013, 11:32 AM
For now, this service is free. If you purchase CompanionLink for your PC Sync, you will get one year free DejaCloud service. Our long term plans are to bill per device synchronized, so if you synchronize more than one PC and more than one device, then probably there will be an ongoing charge of about $5 per month. For two devices (Phone and Tablet) there will not be a charge.
Currently DejaCloud subscriptions cost $24.95 per 3 months for syncing 3 devices (ie, 1 PC and 2 Android devices), which works out to ~$8.32/month. Approximately what would my cost be under the new system (once you're charging for it) if I'm syncing 1 PC and 2 Android devices? Or is DejaOffice CRM Live going to be an additional fee on top of the current DejaCloud subscription plans?

Thanks! :)

Hook
07-16-2013, 07:04 PM
Thanks. I will play around with this for a while and give you feedback every so often.

DJOCTO
07-17-2013, 11:55 AM
Currently DejaCloud subscriptions cost $24.95 per 3 months for syncing 3 devices (ie, 1 PC and 2 Android devices), which works out to ~$8.32/month. Approximately what would my cost be under the new system (once you're charging for it) if I'm syncing 1 PC and 2 Android devices? Or is DejaOffice CRM Live going to be an additional fee on top of the current DejaCloud subscription plans? Thanks! :)

Thank you for being a subscriber. DejaCloud/DejaOffice Live are under the same fee, so it is not "in addition".

The most likely change for future is the number of devices will increase. Our current 3 device fee will move to 5 devices, 5 to 7 etc. This is because we anticipate more tablets, watches and glasses in the next year or two...

So the trend is downward.

WhoWhatWhen
07-19-2013, 12:34 PM
DejaCloud/DejaOffice Live are under the same fee, so it is not "in addition".

The most likely change for future is the number of devices will increase. Our current 3 device fee will move to 5 devices, 5 to 7 etc. This is because we anticipate more tablets, watches and glasses in the next year or two...

So the trend is downward.
That is wonderful--Thanks! :D

Hook
08-04-2013, 08:54 AM
I have been playing with this and, in general, I like it. It's not yet where I want it to be, but I'm not to concerned with that as I understand it is a work in progress. Right now, the things I would like that aren't there:

1. Category colors don't seem to show in the calendar although Dejacloud does sync the categories and does seem to be aware of the colors associated with them. I really use the color cues for quick scan situational awareness and so depend on it.

2. I would like the views to be more customizable and to be able to set the default view. For example, I would like the Calendar, not contacts, to be the first thing that shows. I would also like to be able to size the Calendar window relative to the other data window that appears with the calendar in Calendar view and have the sizing stick.

3. The events view is a disorganized mess-- I think it should come up as something like Agenda view in Deja Office.

4. (kind of covered in 2.) The more user configuration for views and widgets you can offer, the better. Having a full browser window should make it a CRM desktop that you can use on any computer.

Again, I know this is in the early stages, but it definitely needs more polish.

Looking forward to watching how this progresses. I am only using it for testing purposes. I still use Outlook to DJO via DejaConnect for my actual work.

DJOCTO
08-12-2013, 08:46 AM
> 1. Category colors don't seem to show in the calendar although Dejacloud does sync the categories and does seem to be aware of the colors associated with them. I really use the color cues for quick scan situational awareness and so depend on it.

Prior to this, the category table was NOT part of the sync. The colors were carried by records that use the categories. In the next set of CL and DJO changes, categories will now be synchronized as a conduit.

> 2. I would like the views to be more customizable and to be able to set the default view. For example, I would like the Calendar, not contacts, to be the first thing that shows. I would also like to be able to size the Calendar window relative to the other data window that appears with the calendar in Calendar view and have the sizing stick.

Noted to make Calendar show first. You can size by moving the "Center" divider left or right. That should "stick" also. Calendar view is our most powerful as it also shows the Contacts and Tasks lists (although currently does not allow edits there).

> 3. The events view is a disorganized mess-- I think it should come up as something like Agenda view in Deja Office.

Working on this.

> 4. (kind of covered in 2.) The more user configuration for views and widgets you can offer, the better. Having a full browser window should make it a CRM desktop that you can use on any computer.

Not really understanding this. Would having the elements in a set of popup windows help?

Hook
08-13-2013, 05:28 AM
> 1. Category colors don't seem to show in the calendar although Dejacloud does sync the categories and does seem to be aware of the colors associated with them. I really use the color cues for quick scan situational awareness and so depend on it.

Prior to this, the category table was NOT part of the sync. The colors were carried by records that use the categories. In the next set of CL and DJO changes, categories will now be synchronized as a conduit.

> 2. I would like the views to be more customizable and to be able to set the default view. For example, I would like the Calendar, not contacts, to be the first thing that shows. I would also like to be able to size the Calendar window relative to the other data window that appears with the calendar in Calendar view and have the sizing stick.

Noted to make Calendar show first. You can size by moving the "Center" divider left or right. That should "stick" also. Calendar view is our most powerful as it also shows the Contacts and Tasks lists (although currently does not allow edits there).

> 3. The events view is a disorganized mess-- I think it should come up as something like Agenda view in Deja Office.

Working on this.

> 4. (kind of covered in 2.) The more user configuration for views and widgets you can offer, the better. Having a full browser window should make it a CRM desktop that you can use on any computer.

Not really understanding this. Would having the elements in a set of popup windows help?

Thanks for the responses. On number 2, for me (using Firefox if that matters), moving the center divider does not stick. I have to redo it each time.

Number 4 wasn't clear. Partly it was further reaction to the fact that the divider doesn't stick. I like the Calendar page where you have four tabs for the other PIMS. Open in new window for anything might be useful, but I was getting more at being able to design custom views, so maybe I have a view that shows me notes and contacts with a reading pane for both at the bottom of their respective columns. This is more pie-in-the-sky stuff once you get all the basics working the way you want. It may even be more than you really want to do given the primary role of DejaCloud is to view and modify data while providing OTA syncing capabilities on the go.

Really looking forward to watching this evolve.

DJOCTO
08-13-2013, 08:42 AM
I think it's going to move quickly for a while. I'm pretty excited about it.

Hook
08-24-2013, 10:39 AM
It seems to be coming along. It now remembers the widget width I set. I assume I'll get a lot more things I want when the different settings links on the settings page finally become active.

The main things I would like to start with is (some repetition of my first post, but clearer now):

1. To be able to set the calendar page as the default page that appears when I log in.

2. To have the calendar recognize item categories and color them appropriately. The Calendar screen clearly shows it knows the categories and their colors.

3. For some sensible default sorts in the views as well as user selectable default sorts that stick. Contacts should probably default to last name, Memos to subject, etc. Right now, they are all chaotic when they first come up (maybe sorting on revision date, but I can't tell-- it isn't useful to me ;) ).

DJOCTO
08-25-2013, 12:24 PM
Hook - For 3, the views should "set" when you set them up. This is a cookie, so they may unset after a few months (because some cookies expire). The settings are sepearte for "Sort By", so Contacts can have several default views depending on the Sort-By setting.

I'll pass the notes to the developer for 1 and 2...

Hook
08-26-2013, 10:21 AM
Hook - For 3, the views should "set" when you set them up. This is a cookie, so they may unset after a few months (because some cookies expire). The settings are sepearte for "Sort By", so Contacts can have several default views depending on the Sort-By setting.

I'll pass the notes to the developer for 1 and 2...

For some reason, the sort by doesn't stick with me. I'll try again at home tonight (I don't trust my work computer to handle cookies right because so much is locked down). I know the widget widths (the different information panels on a single page) didn't used to stick when I moved them, but now they do, so maybe this will clear up in time too. Cookies should definitely work at home. I'll let you know.

Thanks for passing on my suggestions.

Hook
09-08-2013, 08:46 AM
Been watching the minor version number creep up. ;-) Category colors now working on Calendar, thanks. Still not getting sorts to stick (Firefox 23 if that helps).

Finding odd stuff with repeats that don't happen with USB sync. First, I couldn't get rid of a deleted member of a repeating appointment even when I deleted all data and resynced to Outlook. Tried all combos of unchecking optimized sync, reread Outlook data and wipe DejaCloud before sync. Finally had to open that instance and say it repeats never. I understand that handling orphaned exceptions isn't easy, but I'm not sure why it continued to appear even when I wiped everything. This does not happen with DejaConnect.

I also have on set of repeats that are correctly shown repeating every wed, but in the dialog box for the event properties, Friday is checked. ??? Other repeating events have the correct day checked, so something odd is going on here.

Also (trivial), no matter what span of repeating you pick day, week, month), the setting for wether it is every 1, 2 ,3 etc always says "days". The behavior is correct for whatever number you pick-- if it is a weekly repeat and you pick 2, it repeats every 2 weeks even though it says days.

These posts are all bug reports and feature requests, not criticism. I know this is still in early development, it's free for now and I'm not depending on it for now as my day to day PIM.

Doogan
09-13-2013, 08:30 AM
I'm looking to replace Sage Act for my contact manager. Will Deja Office Live have user defined fields and the ability to set up groups? Will it have mass import and output capabilities?

Thanks

RTraw
10-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Hi, I'm really glad to see (from accidentally stumbling up it) the CRM Live. Nothing better than an equivalent to Palm Desktop for Deja Office. I'm having a few issues, which now that I learn this is still in Beta I know it's a work in progress. I tried sending a support ticket to Deja Office but I don't think they understood what I was asking. I'll try here.

1. When I sync my desktop (memos only) to the cloud it seems to sync completely. However not all of my categories will hold all of my check marks in the boxes (in Deja Categories window). When I leave the CRM-Live site and come back my check marks are gone from half of my categories (always the same categories).

2. I have tried to sync my desktop calendar (only) to the cloud, and although I have edited an event in my Palm Desktop in CRM both the original and revised events show on my Cloud calendar. Not all categories show up on my calendar and the colors in my calendar are not the same as I have assigned to them.

3. In the Contacts, it seems to sync fairly well, but I would really like to be able to customize my fields to match my Google contacts (for example the phone number fields (work, mobile, fax, other, custom, etc.). I use my Deja Contacts primarily as an information source, but when actually calling someone I call from my Android contact app (which is actually my Google Contacts). Google contacts are just a smaller, most frequently used selection pulled from my Palm Desktop/Deja Office contacts. I don't very often sync my Google contacts.

This is all probably clear as mud, but hopefully you can give me some tips or help.

Thanks, Robyne

DJOCTO
10-03-2013, 08:41 AM
RtRaw,

1. You should see categories in DJOL calendar get much better in the next push (today?) . We have been working there.

2. We are working to stabilize category colors with Palm Desktop sync. Please update CompanionLink. I'll also talk to the developers today to be sure we get this resolved.

3. You are right, I don't understand it. Can you try to explain again. Does this pertain to phone number labels?

RTraw
10-03-2013, 10:28 AM
Thank you for your quick response and your help. I LOVE the idea of having a DJO 'Desktop' so to speak. I will update my CL today.

LOL, regarding item #3, yes it does pertain to phone number labels. Some people (like myself) have more than one work address/phone number/email address. I actually have 4 different email addresses. So, if the labels (all?) would include the option of customization that would be terrific.

If or when DJO has a reliable, stable Desktop I would like to completely retire my Palm Desktop. At this point I am highly dependant on it. I use DJO mostly to reference all of my contact information (and solely for my calendar/memos). However, for the phone numbers I use very frequently (just a handful) I use my native Android phone book (which just so happens to sync from my Google contacts). The only thing that I set to automatically sync is my native and Google contacts. So, in other words-lots of contacts in DJO, MUCH fewer in my native Android contacts.

Also, (#4) if I wanted to sync up my Palm Desktop fields with my DJO fields (or even Google) do they 'recognize' each other by field label or field order?

I'm sorry this is so long, but thank you for your patience.

Robyne

Hook
10-22-2013, 09:54 AM
I'm curious when the next update of the web interface is coming and whether there is a roadmap. Currently, it hasn't been updated since mid-Sept (I know you folks have been quite busy). I'm particularly interested in whether my sort issue gets addressed. I currently have no data up there awaiting an update, but up to now no sorting order that I select seems to stick once I exit and come back. I know I have cookies working in all my browsers since I visit a lot of sites customized by cookies (including this forum). If I can solve the sort issue, I'll be happy to start using it and would be happy to add my subscription to your revenue stream. Until it does, it is not that useful to me as a tool.

I should say that my primary interest is in using it as a web desktop, not so much push syncing (which I don't need but will make use of when I start using it.) I need a desktop I can utilize at work (where I can't install anything) and that's why having the sort thing work is important. Having it open to whatever view I prefer would be helpful too, but not nearly as important as the sort. Right now, I have to do so much re-setting up each time that it is easier just to pull out my tablet.

DJOCTO
10-23-2013, 10:20 AM
Maybe next week. I had not realized "Sort by" is not working. I'll talk to the developer about that.

Hook
10-25-2013, 10:08 AM
Just noticed one other small, odd thing. Don't think this has always been true because I think I would have noticed as I did now. Now, when I log on, it takes me to the Contacts module as before, but until I click on a contact, it shows the text of one of my notes in the "Contact Details" window. As soon as I click on a contact, the contact details replaces the note in that window.

Hook
10-27-2013, 08:07 PM
Just picked up a further clue on the problem reported in the previous post. Was playing around tonight and, this time, it brought me to contacts with the details for the first contact in the contact details window as you would expect. But if I go to notes, that contact detail remains in the details window. So apparently it isn't being consistent on what gets read into the details window first, but whatever is stays there until an actual item is selected.

Just FYI.

Hook
11-18-2013, 07:15 AM
The sort still is not sticking, even in the newest version. I know it isn't a cookie problem. Is Sort sticking for you folks on the development end? Any clue why it might not be working here (I use FireFox but I've also tried IE)?

Again, to recap, I set a sort for contacts by last name and it is fine during the session, but whenever I log out and come back, the contacts are back to some sort of random order, or at least an order I haven't been able to fathom. Same for Notes, which I want sorted by subject (title).

I've checked the authorization to allow you to look at my data if that will help.

I'd really like to use this (as subscribe), but this lack of selectable sorting that sticks really limits its usefulness for me.

kab
12-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Hi

I'm evaluating companionlink and stumbled accross the DJOL link at the start of this post... I've managed to sync all my oulook data and view it via DJOL (and I am syncing to ipad via dejacloud). I realise its still beta.... but have spotted a couple of things not right.....

I have some categories in outlook beginning "@" they are not viewable in DJOL categories view, in fact a lot of my categories are not viewable. they have all synced to my ipad though , so i think its a web viewing issue.

One of my memos has a bit of html refering to an image located on the web .... In the memos list view, the image is actually showing up and taking up most of the screen! It would make more sense to only resolve the html in the details panel.

I've ticked the box to allow support to access my data if you need to take look.

Hook
04-14-2014, 10:21 AM
Any update on progress-development roadmap for this project. The version form 3 DEC 13 is still up and all of my previous problems mentioned in this thread remain. It may be that you are waiting to get a release version of DJO 3 before going further with DJOL. I'd just be curious to know what your plans are. :)

DJOCTO
04-14-2014, 04:47 PM
I should update it soon. I got sidetracked by tax season (i.e. Company taxes) and then the snarl up with our company health insurance. What a mess.

Here's an overview:
DejaOffice Live is getting Connectors. If you watch closely there's a new one every few weeks. Google, OL365, Salesforce, Infusionsoft, all getting connected. This will continue through the year.

Reports - We hope to soon tack on a reports manager to make it easy to pull reports on DJOL data.

Mapping - We hope to display maps and pins for Contact, Calendar, Tasks. This will be tied to a new Location setting screen in DJOA and DJOI

Shared Calendars, Shared Accounts - Something like Connectors, where you designate people in your share group, and then their calendars are shared. Or a Company can use a shared contact list (likee GAL in Exchange).

Templates - Same as DJOA

Finally- and this is the end of 2014: Email. DJOL will become an Email handler. I don't want to take this step, because it requires becoming an Email provider. but it's the only way to incorporate Email into History, and creating tasks and events from emails. Look for a full email system to be integrated in Fall 2014.

Hook
05-01-2014, 09:34 AM
I should update it soon. I got sidetracked by tax season (i.e. Company taxes) and then the snarl up with our company health insurance. What a mess.

Here's an overview:
DejaOffice Live is getting Connectors. If you watch closely there's a new one every few weeks. Google, OL365, Salesforce, Infusionsoft, all getting connected. This will continue through the year.

Reports - We hope to soon tack on a reports manager to make it easy to pull reports on DJOL data.

Mapping - We hope to display maps and pins for Contact, Calendar, Tasks. This will be tied to a new Location setting screen in DJOA and DJOI

Shared Calendars, Shared Accounts - Something like Connectors, where you designate people in your share group, and then their calendars are shared. Or a Company can use a shared contact list (likee GAL in Exchange).

Templates - Same as DJOA

Finally- and this is the end of 2014: Email. DJOL will become an Email handler. I don't want to take this step, because it requires becoming an Email provider. but it's the only way to incorporate Email into History, and creating tasks and events from emails. Look for a full email system to be integrated in Fall 2014.

Sorry I took a while to get back on this. Sounds like interesting plans. I assume that also means that you have assessed that enough of your customers (including corporate customers) are willing to go to the cloud. I was a little worried about that not being the case when I saw so much time go by without any updates, that there weren't enough of your instal base willing to put their data in the cloud. I still like the potential of a desktop I can use even at work where I am locked down, though I still need to have the problems I talked about earlier in this thread addressed. I've sort of not been keeping my data there, but I'm thinking of trying it again this week-end and seeing if, for now, it's enough that it provides reliable OTA sync across 3 devices. If so, I'll go ahead and take out a 3 device subscription. I'd really like to contribute to supporting development.

When you say you are thinking of becoming an "email provider," are you actually meaning giving people email accounts or do you mean we can configure DJOL to use our Gmail account or whatever? I would hate to see your resources get tapped off in that direction as I'm worried it will be very demanding. However, I understand that for your corporate clients the features you are talking about are important (not for me so much).

Looking forward to watching the future of this. Will sync my data to DJOL this week-end and make sure all my previous problems are still there. However, I'll use it mostly for sync for now.

Hook
05-06-2014, 12:15 PM
Yeah, pretty much same as before. Love the OTA push sync, but the functionality of the web site is frustrating, at least in FireFox, both at home and at work. It is slow to load. I very often have to log in twice to get it to load. It does not retain sorting preferences, etc. I think I will wait and see what happens when the site is next updated. As always, I have cookies on. I have to reset up everything every time I log on. Maybe it is something at my end, though I can't think of what. However, even if it is somehow me, it is still the fact that this isn't useful to me yet.

bs27975
05-24-2014, 06:34 AM
Having logged in to https://crm.dejaoffice.com/index.php, a number of things seem broken that probably shouldn't be early in the process.

Since these are probably pretty important, having them here in the sticky note would probably be useful.

This is across multiple browsers and OS'.

Clicking 'contact support' or 'contact sales' does nothing.

Going to account status, then change password ... reveals a directory listing.

Being able to change one's password is probably important.

Indicating here how to change one's password would probably be useful.

DJOCTO
05-29-2014, 12:14 PM
Thanks for reporting. We'll get these items fixed.

http://sync.dejacloudsync.com/account/resetPassword.php

Hook
06-06-2014, 10:45 AM
I notice the site still hasn't been updated since December. Any road map for when updates are coming. I suspect you are focusing right now on getting the final, non-beta version of DJOA (3.x) out the door.

DJOCTO
06-16-2014, 06:44 AM
Focus now is 3.1 out the door. Hopefully at the end of June.

After that will be Voice, I think. Check out DejaVoice and DejaTranslate to see our voice engine. We'll be integrating that with DejaOffice.

Templates and Location were both needed as the foundations for Voice, in my mind. Both of them save keystrokes, and that makes the work of the voice engine lighter.

Oyle
02-21-2016, 10:59 AM
Hello, I have a question regarding categories. I have just been on DJOL (by the way, with FF it is painfully slow, Chrome works better) to check my categories.
There are multiple occurrences of some categories and I would like to delete the surplus ones.
How do I do this ? Don't seem to be able to do it online. I can only change the ticks in the boxes to indicate for which part of DJO (calendar, contacts, tasks, etc.) I want which category.

The fact that I had so many multiple occurrences of some of these categories (for contacts, for example) meant that they all appeared in my Android Dejaoffice Group contacts, a real bother, since ultimately I would also like to sync with PDT, which limits me to max 15 categories.

Thanks for any help.

DJOCTO
02-21-2016, 12:34 PM
Oyle,

The best way to clean up categories is to do it on your PC.

I'm afraid the online tool is pretty broken, and the cost of fixing it exceeds the revenue it generates. So for now it is sunset.

The Tech staff can help you clean things up on your PC, and then it will sync through the cloud to your devices.