PDA

View Full Version : DejaOffice 1.6.2 released.

Jason
08-09-2010, 02:48 PM
DejaOffice 1.6.2 is now available in the Android Market and at www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp. This update consists of all 1.6.x updates and brings 1.6 out of beta. The full release notes can see seen below.

NOTES FOR DROID X USERS:
*If any users have experienced loss of data or merged data in past releases this release will most likely correct the problem in DejaOffice and on the PC.
*Contacts will still appear merged in the native contact list. The flag we set to un-merge gets overwritten by the DROID X OS. Currently the only work around is to select the Contacts, go to Menu, then Unlink.

FROYO-Android OS 2.2 USERS:
*Anyone using an Android device with Android OS 2.2 (Froyo) will need this release because previous builds did not automatically mount the SD card.

DejaOffice v.1.6.2
*Improved calendar view loading times
*fixed an issue where task alarms would not ring if there were multiple alarms pending

DejaOffice v1.6.1
*changed task due date sort order to include no due dates at the end
*fixed an issue where DejaNotes would sometimes crash adding a new note
*fixed an issue where modifying recurring events in DJO would not sync to PC
*fixed an issue where default task priorities were set to high
*fixed issues with sort orders in list views sorting capitalized and international characters incorrectly
*fixed an issue where the recurring pattern first/last weekday/weekend day of the month/year would sync incorrectly
*fixed an issue where recurring events starting prior to Mar 14 would sync an hour ahead
*fixed an issue with Droid X where contacts data could be lost or merged

DejaOffice v1.6.0
*added the ability to add/create/edit recurring events within DejaOffice
*added account selection options when syncing with the native Android apps
*added Android OS 2.2 (aka "Froyo") automatic mounting support
*Improved native contact/calendar sync speed
*Fixed an issue where disabling contacts/calendar syncing on the PC would disabled sync b/w DJO and native apps
*Fixed an issue where email addresses wouldnt sync from the native contacts app
*Fixed and issue where the website field would sync incorrectly
*fixed an issue where task alarms synced from the PC would not ring
*fixed an issue where all day annual recurring events synced one day early to the native calendar

rjbinney
08-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Well, I'll be the first to say, "Thank You".

Thank You

laurentdjo
08-09-2010, 11:27 PM
Yes, thank you first !
I didn't buy CL Pro yet because of the numerous bugs of sync with DJO, but also because of the responsiveness of this forum and the fact it seems DJO + Cl Pro is going to become the best syncing tool with Outlook, I'll do the investment at the end of the trial period.
Please keed the good enhancement and version upgrade speed !
Regards.

RaymonWilliams
08-11-2010, 05:24 AM
Thanks a lot for all of the fixes on 1.6.2. The task alarms now work properly, which was the deal breaker for me before. I now feel confident with buying CL! Thanks again!

SPF
08-11-2010, 07:05 AM
I have done a purge and reload for calendar entries but all-day events synced from Palm Desktop still show up as a day earlier. The date in the native calendar is correct though.

SPF
08-11-2010, 08:18 AM
The "reading calendar" phase of the sync process is significantly longer than 1.5.8. Can this be improved?

arcspin
08-11-2010, 08:42 AM
I have done a purge and reload for calendar entries but all-day events synced from Palm Desktop still show up as a day earlier. The date in the native calendar is correct though.

+1
I have the same problem, see my post in Version 1.6.1 thread.

btsunshine
08-11-2010, 09:41 AM
I'm anxious to take advantage of the task alarm fix; however, at this point I'd just be happy to be able to sync with Outlook once again. After updating DejaOffice to v1.6.2, I tried to sync my Motorola Backflip using CompanionLink USB 3.0 (Build 3101), at which time it forced close after reading the calendar. Thinking there may have been a conflict between the versions of DejaOffice & CompanionLink, I upgraded to CompanionLink USB 4.0 (build 4006), rebooting both my PC & smartphone, and tried to sync once again. The same thing happened: After "Reading Calendar (100%)", the message "Sorry! The application DejaOffice (process com.companionlink.clubsync) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." with the only option being to press the button labeled "Force close". Please help! I've already e-mailed support, but need to find a resolution soon as I use my smartphone all day at work.

Jason
08-11-2010, 10:10 AM
I'm anxious to take advantage of the task alarm fix; however, at this point I'd just be happy to be able to sync with Outlook once again. After updating DejaOffice to v1.6.2, I tried to sync my Motorola Backflip using CompanionLink USB 3.0 (Build 3101), at which time it forced close after reading the calendar. Thinking there may have been a conflict between the versions of DejaOffice & CompanionLink, I upgraded to CompanionLink USB 4.0 (build 4006), rebooting both my PC & smartphone, and tried to sync once again. The same thing happened: After "Reading Calendar (100%)", the message "Sorry! The application DejaOffice (process com.companionlink.clubsync) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." with the only option being to press the button labeled "Force close". Please help! I've already e-mailed support, but need to find a resolution soon as I use my smartphone all day at work.

btsunshine-
We are aware of the issue with the Backflip and other Android OS 1.5 devices - we have a fix coming very soon.

RDR
08-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Hi. After the upgrade when I move from one date on the calendar to another (by swiping or by tapping a specific date) I get a "retrieving calendar data" message and the process is much slower than before the update. Also, all my yearly recurring appointments (e.g. holidays, birthdays, etc.) are listed three times on the date they occur. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

dbvirago
08-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Since the update, I get 3 dialogs per sync allowing program to access Outlook.

Ben
08-12-2010, 02:03 PM
dbvirago - The message is generated by Outlook, typically because your antivirus software is missing or out of date. Click here (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/i-get-warnings-about-a-program-accessing-e-mail-address-information-or-sending-e-mail-on-my-behalf-HA001229943.aspx?queryid=9a93a8d683e24145b95e60b8f 3b1a1be&respos=2&CTT=1) for more info.

dbvirago
08-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the link, I was trying to find that earlier. Thing is windows doesn't know about by av software. I've had the setting that I am monitoring my own av since day one. I use avast and it updates multiple times daily. Also, I synch many times daily and the pop up happened immediately after the last update. May be coincidence.

sjarus
08-20-2010, 11:06 AM

I just upgraded to Android Froyo 2.2. Had previously used CL USB Sync 1.2.2 on Droid combined with CompanionLink software on PC (using Outlook). Have now upgraded to DejaOffice 1.6.3. All functions work EXCEPT THE CALENDAR and CATEGORIES. When I execute the calendar or Categories, I get a forced close (as described in the quoted message above).

Help!

sjarus
08-22-2010, 12:04 AM
**** UPDATE ****

If you are having the problem described in my earlier post (8/21/2010) regarding a failure of CALENDAR and CATEGORIES... here's the fix:

(1) Uninstall DejaOffice from your phone (through the Setting/Applications/DejaOffice/Uninstall menu)
(2) Attach your phone to your PC, and through your PC, get into the phone's directory listings.
(3) You will find a directory called "CLUSB.db" (even though you just uninstalled DejaOffice). DELETE this entire directory on your phone.
(4) Reinstall DejaOffice (from Marketplace or wherever you got it).

You will find that the deletion of this directory clears up the problem. It appears that the uninstall program for DejaOffice doesn't really uninstall everything. If you, like me, were a CL USB Sync user (i.e. before DejaOffice), it appear that this directory contains a corrupt or incompatible file which causes DejaCalendar and Categories to crash. Be deleting this directory, the corrupt or incompatible file is removed. Reinstalling DejaOffice re-creates an entirely new directory (by the same name).

Special thanks to the DejaOffice Support team for figuring this out.