PDA

View Full Version : DejaOffice for Android - General release schedule

DJOCTO
05-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Update March 2014:

DejaOffice for Android 2.5.9 - Current release - lots of updates and feature requests here

DejaOffice for Android 3.1 - Next release

1. Revised Alarm system to use notifications. Android has introduce active notifications and the ability to put options (snooze dismiss) in the notification bar. We want to switch to this system rather than the current popup. Also see if we can tie elegantly into Google Now.

2. New widgets - Need to revamp Calendar 4x4 (resizable) widget to scroll. Add a month view widget. Support lock screen widgets.

3. Templates - Create templates by making an appointment or contact, or task and adding to the Template category. Whenever you add a new Contact, Event, or Task you will be prompted for Blank, or use your existing template. The template can fill in key details so you don't have to re-enter them. Make a "Business Appointment" template that fills in business category, location and note. Make a "Time with kids" template with a completely different set of defaults.

4. Left side menu - quickly move from app to app

5. Adjust fonts look and feel

6. Alarm list - see your alarms as an "App"

DejaOffice for Android - Future

3. Voice command system - Ability to "dictate" task lists, add voice notes, and voice-dial contacts. This is a big system and will be pulling into place through the first half of 2014. This will first be released as a separate App called DejaVoice. Once that is out, this will be combined with DejaOffice

4. Google Glass integration - when Google Glass comes out. Right now we are seeing Google Glass as a notification and input system that relies on the phone for data.

Finally, outside of DejaOffice Android, other development includes

DejaCloud Sync - DejaOffice CRM Live - "Connectors" now pull data live from Google (Dec 2013), Outlook 365, Salesforce and Infusionsoft. iCloud coming soon. So DJOL will be a central hub for other online cloud systems.

DejaCloud Sync - Connect accounts under a group name, so you can see and schedule group calendars and group resources.

DejaVoice, DejaTranslate - Separate apps for Dictation and translation.

We are pretty excited right now about the voice command system (DJVA/DJVI) and Google Glass integration giving us a bit of a boost in Spring 2014 to keep our system on the leading edge.

Feedback is welcome. I'll be updating this post frequently. Posted as sticky. Last update March 30, 2014

Wayland Bruns, CTO
CompanionLink Software, Inc.

DJOCTO
05-21-2010, 12:32 PM
DejaOffice v1.4.0 (05/20/2010)

* Added display size options (Delightful, Business, Micro) under General Settings.
* Various UI enhancements for DejaOffice edit/view screens.
* Left/right swipe from Task details view will now move to next/previous task in the list.
* Added context menus for list screens to allow two tap changes of Category, font size, and sort order.
* Adding/updating/deleting an event in DejaOffice calendar will now automatically save to Android Calendar app.
* When adding a new contact to DejaOffice, it will transfer to the Android Contacts app immediately.
* Added option to toggle DejaOffice color scheme (light background/dark text, or dark background/light text).
* Added task reminders.
* Larger fonts and display for calendar.
* Added option to create a new event by tapping on blank space in the DejaOffice calendar day view.
* Added category colors in DejaOffice list screens.
* Made phone numbers clickable in list view
* Made email address clickable in list view
* Added Settings options for long press throughout DejaOffice apps.
* Fixed spacing issues with phone numbers and names running into each other
* Added colors to "Categories" filter button in contact screen
* Fixed a bug where part alarms would sometimes ring after a synchronization.
* Fixed a bug where search was not ignoring spaces.
* Fixed a bug where location and notes fields were stripped from Outlook when syncing with the native Android calendar.

betsyfallon
05-23-2010, 10:40 AM
I just did my first sync with Dejaoffice to my Motorola Droid. I see all my info in Dejaoffice, but it is not in my Droid Calendar or Contacts. Is that supposed to happen automatically per this 5/20 post?

Adding/updating/deleting an event in DejaOffice calendar will now automatically save to Android Calendar app.
* When adding a new contact to DejaOffice, it will transfer to the Android Contacts app immediately.

DJOCTO
05-23-2010, 02:39 PM
Betsy welcome to the Forums!

It depends on how much data you synchronized. If you have more than 1500 Contacts, it will not automatically go to the onboard apps.

You can manually override this using Settings > Sync Settings, and then check the boxes for Sync Android Contacts and Calendar. After setting this, do one more sync with the PC and it should sync through.

If you go to the onboard apps, we recommend you keep your data set under 1500 Contacts and about 500 Calendar events. Clear them out of Outlook to do this. For people who are already under this, there will be no conflict.

Alan@work
05-24-2010, 12:16 PM
Your product just keeps getting better and better. The font improvement in calendar is greatly appreciated by my over 40 eyes. And the choice to have a white background makes everything so much more readable.

The issues I still have and the features I am hoping for you are already working on (notification alarms, reminders etc.)

I gave a 5 star rating for this app a while back, but really you and your team should get 5 stars. You have provided people in a business environment like me a much needed app that provides security and confidentiality (no cloud), and the ability to take our business contacts, tasks, notes, and calendar everywhere we go. I am grateful! God bless you!

Alan

DJOCTO
06-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Big release today:

DejaOffice 1.5.0 (06-09-2010)
1) Tap and hold now pops context menus for most screens in DejaOffice.

2) Calendar events and tasks now support contact linking via the "Add Contact" button in the event/task edit screens. Also, from the Contacts view screen, a context menu option is now available to Add Event or Add Task using the current contact.

3) Added option to mark records as Private. Options for password-protecting, masking, and hiding private records are available under DejaOffice Settings.

* Added support for multiple categories per item.
* Fix for internal events table being huge if you make a birthday with an old year
* Fixed "null" text on contact list that sometimes appeared
* Fixed crash bug if you brought up the keyboard on the contact list screen and typed in spaces
* Removed options from our options screen that were no longer needed (since they are now available in the context menu).
* Added time interval options for persistent alarm mode, so you can specify something other than 5 minutes
* Release Notes screen is now a popup dialog
* Added "Log Android DB" button to General Settings. Dumps the android db to the log file. Only available if logging is on.
* Added "Email Log" button to General Settings. Zips the log and db file, and pops up an email with the attachment filled in. Only available if logging is on.
* No longer display release notes if database schema changes, only if version increases
* Fixed crash bug if you went to add a contact link, and hit back instead of selecting a contact
* Fixed bug if you went to General Settings screen with a completely fresh db, the color theme would change unintentionally
* Made tweaks to the event menu bar at the bottom, to make the buttons more responsive when switching between day/week/month/list mode
* Added "Logging" setting to General Settings screen
* Automatically turn off logging after 2 days
* Updated persistent alarm mode settings.
* Fixed a bug where category color change was not always reflected in category list
* Fixed a bug where added pictures were not syncing
* Fixed a bug where note deletions were not synching
* Fixed a bug where phone numbers in event subjects were not dialable
* Added background theme for notification screen
* Fixed UI issues in sync settings
* Updated calendar category picker
* Fixed category button not visible in tasks and notes
* Fixed a bug where new contacts were added to category "Category" instead of "no category"
* Added icon for currently selected display size on context menu
* Added icon for currently selected sort order on contact list context menu
* For category List, fixed context menu to use icon version like the other list screens
* Added phone number formatting when entering a new phone number in DJO contacts
* When category filter is applied on list screen, when selecting Add record we will default the new record's category to the current category filter
* Categories button enhancements for contact list.
* Fixed a bug where Outlook single day all-day events could be changed to a two-day event
* In contact list, when one category selected, adding a new record will default to that category set.
* Left-justified section title in contact edit view
* Category button enhancements in category edit view
* Added Alarm info to Task View screen
* Added Alarm indicator to Task List screen
* Fixed bug with contact list that caused context menu to not work for some options
* Events edit view enhancements
* Tasks edit view enhancements

startagl
06-11-2010, 06:34 AM
I do not know if this is the right place to post this. I am a one man service company. I put all my service appointments as a task, Outlook, and then when I do the service I put it in the calendar so I have a date time stamp, etc. It would be great if this could be automated from the task. If I could long press a task and have one of the options be to 'make calendar item'. once in the calendar I can fine tune it, but just to have it jump over there would be a great time saver. Also PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE remember that a lot of us use the phone one handed. So please try to make your software work while using only one hand and thumb typing. Not everyone that uses a smart phone sits in an office, some of us are hot and sweaty and climbing up on ladders looking up info and tech specs. Thank you.

Eric
06-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Feel free to post feedback anywhere in the forum! If you find that a particular part of our software is difficult to use one-handed, just let us know and we'll see what we can do.

kronhead
06-14-2010, 09:56 PM
It would be great if you could continue to post each new release notes here - so we can look at them BEFORE downloading the new version. Or - are they available somewhere else on your web site?

Thanks
Dan

Eric
06-16-2010, 03:38 PM
Release notes are at http://www.companionlink.com/android/notes.html

skydiver
06-16-2010, 04:21 PM
I have two email addresses (one pop, one google apps) and two calendars and sets of contacts. I am using Deja Office to sync to my POP account on Outlook. When you sync the Deja Office Contacts and Calendar to Android via the Deja Office sync settings, will this also add the contacts to the gmail accounts contacts calendars?

Eric
06-16-2010, 04:49 PM
Hi skydiver. Yes, if your Android is set to sync to Google, your DejaOffice contacts/calendar that are synced to your Android contacts/calendar will then sync to your Google contacts/calendar.

iwantitall
06-16-2010, 08:21 PM
If the syncing does go over the air to Gmail and such and I don't wish to sync my info to the PC but all through air to Google, do I still need Companionlink?

Thanks!

Eric
06-17-2010, 11:07 AM
You can sync over-the-air to Google for your contacts and calendar. The DejaOffice contacts/calendar sync to your Android's built-in contacts/calendar, which sync to Google. So yes, you can use DejaOffice without CompanionLink and still sync to Google.

DJOCTO
06-23-2010, 12:14 PM
DejaOffice 1.5.0 6-10-10 Release Notes

1) Tap and hold now pops context menus for most screens in DejaOffice.

2) Calendar events and tasks now support contact linking via the "Add Contact" button in the event/task edit screens. Also, from the Contacts view screen, a context menu option is now available to Add Event or Add Task using the current contact.

3) Added option to mark records as Private. Options for password-protecting, masking, and hiding private records are available under DejaOffice Settings.

* Added support for multiple categories per item.
* Fix for internal events table being huge if you make a birthday with an old year
* Fixed "null" text on contact list that sometimes appeared
* Fixed crash bug if you brought up the keyboard on the contact list screen and typed in spaces
* Removed options from our options screen that were no longer needed (since they are now available in the context menu).
* Added time interval options for persistent alarm mode, so you can specify something other than 5 minutes
* Release Notes screen is now a popup dialog
* Added "Log Android DB" button to General Settings. Dumps the android db to the log file. Only available if logging is on.
* Added "Email Log" button to General Settings. Zips the log and db file, and pops up an email with the attachment filled in. Only available if logging is on.
* No longer display release notes if database schema changes, only if version increases
* Fixed crash bug if you went to add a contact link, and hit back instead of selecting a contact
* Fixed bug if you went to General Settings screen with a completely fresh db, the color theme would change unintentionally
* Made tweaks to the event menu bar at the bottom, to make the buttons more responsive when switching between day/week/month/list mode
* Added "Logging" setting to General Settings screen
* Automatically turn off logging after 2 days
* Updated persistent alarm mode settings.
* Fixed a bug where category color change was not always reflected in category list
* Fixed a bug where added pictures were not syncing
* Fixed a bug where note deletions were not synching
* Fixed a bug where phone numbers in event subjects were not dialable
* Added background theme for notification screen
* Fixed UI issues in sync settings
* Updated calendar category picker
* Fixed category button not visible in tasks and notes
* Fixed a bug where new contacts were added to category "Category" instead of "no category"
* Added icon for currently selected display size on context menu
* Added icon for currently selected sort order on contact list context menu
* For category List, fixed context menu to use icon version like the other list screens
* Added phone number formatting when entering a new phone number in DJO contacts
* When category filter is applied on list screen, when selecting Add record we will default the new record's category to the current category filter
* Categories button enhancements for contact list.
* Fixed a bug where Outlook single day all-day events could be changed to a two-day event
* In contact list, when one category selected, adding a new record will default to that category set.
* Left-justified section title in contact edit view
* Category button enhancements in category edit view
* Added Alarm info to Task View screen
* Added Alarm indicator to Task List screen
* Fixed bug with contact list that caused context menu to not work for some options
* Events edit view enhancements
* Tasks edit view enhancements

DJOCTO
06-23-2010, 12:15 PM
DejaOffice 1.5.1 (06/11/2010)

1) Added "Show by Subject/Priority/DueDate" option to task list context menu
2) Fixed a bug where Alarms didn’t Snooze properly
3) Fixed a bug where Contacts did not sync from Android to DejaContacts
* Fixed a bug that caused DejaOffice to crash when swiping between tasks
* Fixed a bug that prevent Sharing contacts from the Android contacts app
* Zipcode now allows non-numeric values
* Fixed a couple logging issues
* Native calendar sync is now on by default

DJOCTO
06-23-2010, 12:15 PM
DejaOffice 1.5.2 (6/14/2010)

* Fixed a bug where synchronization could change dates for all-day events in certain cases.
* Fixed a bug where synchronization could change start/end times for all-day events in certain cases.
* Fixed a bug where contacts with Company name only would sometimes appear in Android contact manager as "Unnamed".

DJOCTO
06-23-2010, 12:16 PM
DejaOffice 1.5.3 (06/15/2010)

*improved native Android contacts sync – no longer limited to 1500 contacts
*fixed a bug where 0 min alarms would not sync to the native android calendar
*fixed a bug that caused DejaOffice to crash when searching

DJOCTO
06-23-2010, 12:16 PM
DejaOffice 1.5.4

* Fixed an issue where contacts added to DejaOffice would not sync to built-in contacts on Android 1.x devices.

DJOCTO
06-23-2010, 12:17 PM
DejaOffice v. 1.5.5 (6/23/2010)

*added ability to click on links for phone numbers, email address, street addresses and URLs in the notes section of each mini-app
*added option to not sync private records
*fixed an issue with the Birthday field did not syncing from DejaOffice to Native contacts
*fixed an issue where the Call/SMS option did not pop up on some devices
*DejaCal now handles multi-day all day events properly
*fixed multiple issues when searching multiple names
*fixed an issue where multiple all day events did not display properly
*fixed view screens so they change with the Font Size setting
*fixed the add category button in the categories app
*fixed an issue where task subjects were being truncated
*fixed an issue where DejaToday did not display tasks and events properly
*fixed an issue with removing phone numbers from a contact in DejaOffice

Eric
06-30-2010, 01:01 PM
DejaOffice v. 1.5.6 (6/30/2010)

*fixed an issue with all day annual recurring events not syncing properly
*fixed an issue with recurring events' end times changing
*fixed an issue with contacts with company name only filled in didn't display in native correctly
*fixed an issue where the "Read Android Data" icon would be hidden if only native calendar is set to sync

Eric
07-20-2010, 11:19 AM
DejaOffice v. 1.5.7 (7/19/2010)

*fixed issue synchronizing with on-board contacts and calendar apps for Samsung Galaxy devices

Eric
07-21-2010, 12:44 PM
DejaOffice v. 1.5.8 (7/21/2010)

* fixed an issue where the DJO calendar display would erroneously show duplicate entries on some devices

Jim Brown
08-01-2010, 10:43 AM
I would love to see a logging of Calendar Events linked to Contacts as well as calls/SMS. I do billing using a software on my desktop. It would be nice to be able to see a log that would allow me to compare my calendar with my billing software intries. There might already be a feature to allow this or a better way than a logging feature. I have just started playing with DejaOffice and like what I see so far.

Thanks!!!
Jim

DJOCTO
08-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Jim, what billing software do you use?

We plan on adding Contact History records to the system. These will sync to ACT! and Microsoft BCM and maybe some other platforms. So these would allow you to use that platform to show "Completed Events". It think this will be very effective.

Is there another billing package we should look at for Sync?

Jim Brown
08-01-2010, 03:50 PM
CLCTO,

I am a professional counselor, so I use a specialized billing software called EZ Claim. I wouldn't need need alot of integration with my billing software. I would like to have the ability to pull up a list of calendar events for a contact so I can compare entries from my calendar and billing software. If I could mark and event with a strikethrough or completed event would be a plus.

Thanks,
Jim

Jason
08-09-2010, 04:03 PM
DejaOffice v.1.6.2
*Improved calendar view loading times
*fixed an issue where task alarms would not ring if there were multiple alarms pending

DejaOffice v1.6.1
*changed task due date sort order to include no due dates at the end
*fixed an issue where DejaNotes would sometimes crash adding a new note
*fixed an issue where modifying recurring events in DJO would not sync to PC
*fixed an issue where default task priorities were set to high
*fixed issues with sort orders in list views sorting capitalized and international characters incorrectly
*fixed an issue where the recurring pattern first/last weekday/weekend day of the month/year would sync incorrectly
*fixed an issue where recurring events starting prior to Mar 14 would sync an hour ahead
*fixed an issue with Droid X where contacts data could be lost or merged

DejaOffice v1.6.0
*added the ability to add/create/edit recurring events within DejaOffice
*added account selection options when syncing with the native Android apps
*added Android OS 2.2 (aka "Froyo") automatic mounting support
*Improved native contact/calendar sync speed
*Fixed an issue where disabling contacts/calendar syncing on the PC would disabled sync b/w DJO and native apps
*Fixed an issue where email addresses wouldnt sync from the native contacts app
*Fixed and issue where the website field would sync incorrectly
*fixed an issue where task alarms synced from the PC would not ring
*fixed an issue where all day annual recurring events synced one day early to the native calendar

questech
10-09-2010, 02:55 PM
Hello All,

I think you have a great intent in providing a power packed office suite!

I have two problems , which I hope you can address as I'm deciding between the Companion Link/DejaOffice combo and The Missing Sync/Fliq Calendar combos.

I am using Outlook 2010 on a PC running XP and the DroidX.

* I read here that there is a problem with merging contacts that are similar. That is a major issue for a business person!

* The overall look and feel of your Calendar app. I think that it's a very poor use of real estate. This is a deal breaker for me.
- The All Day Event (which I rarely use) header is huge and takes up a lot of space from a small screen.
- The icons for the different views are big, and again, a poor use of real estate. Other apps use a pop-up nav bar, or the menu button to pop up options for these functions. These are totally in the way.
- The look and feel is not comfortable. I don't like the stock DroidX calender, but it looks GREAT... easy to read... it just looks clean and inviting.

You guys are great app developers, why can't you make your calendar more friendly to the eye?

I don't mean to sound overly critical, but honesty is the best policy when it comes to app development.

I hope that you could address these issues as my 14 day trial is going to run out in 12 days.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

AM

DejaOffice v1.4.0 (05/20/2010)

* Added display size options (Delightful, Business, Micro) under General Settings.
* Various UI enhancements for DejaOffice edit/view screens.
* Left/right swipe from Task details view will now move to next/previous task in the list.
* Added context menus for list screens to allow two tap changes of Category, font size, and sort order.
* Adding/updating/deleting an event in DejaOffice calendar will now automatically save to Android Calendar app.
* Added option to toggle DejaOffice color scheme (light background/dark text, or dark background/light text).
* Added task reminders.
* Larger fonts and display for calendar.
* Added option to create a new event by tapping on blank space in the DejaOffice calendar day view.
* Added category colors in DejaOffice list screens.
* Made phone numbers clickable in list view
* Made email address clickable in list view
* Added Settings options for long press throughout DejaOffice apps.
* Fixed spacing issues with phone numbers and names running into each other
* Added colors to "Categories" filter button in contact screen
* Fixed a bug where part alarms would sometimes ring after a synchronization.
* Fixed a bug where search was not ignoring spaces.
* Fixed a bug where location and notes fields were stripped from Outlook when syncing with the native Android calendar.

rego
10-10-2010, 08:09 AM
Another calendar suggestion is to implement animation for flicking from day to day, etc. That's already present in the stock Android calendar. I never thought I'd miss that animation so much until now I have to watch the dates at the top of the screen to see if the day/week changed.

Thanks, and keep developing this app. It has terrific potential.

DJOCTO
10-10-2010, 11:41 AM
Nice suggestion. I'll add it to the list.

rego
10-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the BETA update. It's working well.

Meanwhile, I thought of another suggestion for the calendar. Today I needed to change the time of a recurring event but not until a couple of weeks from now. On my Centro I could change a recurring event in the future and have it stay that way but not change before then. There were 3 options: This day only; all events; just future events starting at this event. (You can see that if you drag/change a recurring event in Palm Desktop.) That was very helpful.

Philistine
10-24-2010, 07:55 AM
Our plans are as follows:

Feedback is welcome. I'll be updating this post frequently. Posted as sticky. Last update October 12, 2010

Wayland Bruns, CTO
CompanionLink Software, Inc.

Hi. I am new to Companion Link and have just installed the trial version in my PC with the Dejaoffice companion in my android phone, synchronising via USB cable.
First impressions are generally favourable. Apologies if this is a silly question but as a newbie I'm still trying to find my way around.

My Outlook contacts list is nested with personal and various business lists, about 10 in all. When I sync the contents to my phone using Dejaoffice sync, the structure is lost. All the contacts are concatinated into one long list, which is not easy to use. Is it possible for Companion Link/Dejaoffice to retain the existing Outlook contact structure? I am aware of the category feature in Dejaoffice but this doesn't meet my categorization requirements or number of categories so I can't use this unless the categorisation scheme can be customised in number and names.

If there is no immediate fix, can this feature be included in future versions of Companion Link/Dejaoffice?

Philistine

DJOCTO
10-24-2010, 09:31 AM
My Outlook contacts list is nested with personal and various business lists, about 10 in all.

Welcome to the forum. By "Business List" do you mean folders in Outlook? I.e. that you have your contacts in various folders?

There will need to be a way to use Categories in DejaOffice. Too many people are confused by folders for us to even begin supporting them. But the idea of having folders in Outlook that correspond to Categories in DejaOffice is pretty easy. The only real problem is nested folders (subfolders) and that the names get pretty long.

I'll talk to the team as far as mapping folder names from Outlook to Categories. This also helps ACT! folks who can already map Group names to DejaOffice Categories. But for the moment, Categories is the correct structure for showing a shortened list of contacts rather than a full list in DejaContacts, DejaCalendar, DejaTasks and DejaNotes.

Philistine
10-25-2010, 03:42 PM
Welcome to the forum. By "Business List" do you mean folders in Outlook? I.e. that you have your contacts in various folders?

Yes. My Outlook Contacts list (folder) contains about 10 sub-folders for various categories of contact. On looking at the DejaOffice help file, it appears that an individual DEjaOffice category could be set up for each Outlook category (sub-folder). However I suspect that the sync operation would not automatically associate the DejaOffice categories with the Outlook sub-folders and populate the DejaOffice categories accordingly. I am assuming that, after completion of the sync operation, the user would have to edit the contact details to assign the appropriate category manually for each contact. Furthermore this would probably need to be repeated after every sync operation, or possibly only for new contacts. For a large list of contacts this would be very onerous.
I think that an application that is intended to copy the contact (and calendar) details from a widely used PC application like Outlook should seek to replicate the functionality of the original as far as possible. If it deals with simple cases only it will be of limited usefulness. The fundamental issue with "categories" is that a category is simple a label attached to a contact whereas a sub-folder is a file that is part of a filing system. DejaOffice does not seem to have a filing system at its core.

I have only just acquired an Android phone and am presently looking at solutions to the Outlook sync problem. Google provides an online contact/calendar sync function through its web service but this supports only Outlook 2003 ->. I am using MS Office XP (2002) which is not supported. I would have to upgrade to Office 2010 before I could even try it out with no guarantee of an acceptable solution so I am reluctant to shell out the money for the upgrade. There is another commercial product advertised that claims to provide Outlook (and general file) sync capability but once again this does not support Outlook XP. It looks like I will have to keep looking.

On a different topic, I don't much like the look or feel of the DejaOffice calendar. This is of course a personal view but I find it greatly inferior to the embedded Android calendar. Fortunately though DejaOffice can be configured to update the Android calendar so one can use that and disregard the DejaOffice calendar. It did make me wonder though why DejaOffice bothers to implement its own calendar when a better one already exists. The real functional requirement is for Outlook synchronisation, not for an alternate calendar!

Apologies for the diatribe.

Best regards,

Philip Statham

tenholde
11-30-2010, 06:13 AM
I have two android phones, for my wife and me. We each have separate calendars on outlook (different folders). How do I sync both android phones to the same contacts but each phone to its own calendar folder??

tenholde

DJOCTO
11-30-2010, 08:07 AM
From the CompanionLink Help Files:

For most CompanionLink products, you can synchronize two PC's to one phone simply by installing CompanionLink on both PCs. This is common for Home and Work for one person.

To sync two different phones to one PC, or a phone and also Google, you need CompanionLink Professional. CompanionLink Professional has profile logic so you can set up a separate profile for each phone. Each profile can sync to a separate database on the PC, or it may sync to the same database. CompanionLink Pro allows up to three sync profiles to be created for three sync destinations.

CompanionLink Professional also features the Category Manager, so each Profile can draw data from more than one data source, like BCM and Outlook folders, ACT! and Google, all to one device.

I hope this information helps.

thom_l
03-06-2011, 02:54 AM
From the CompanionLink Help Files:

For most CompanionLink products, you can synchronize two PC's to one phone simply by installing CompanionLink on both PCs. This is common for Home and Work for one person.

But this doesn't work to see changes made on PC#1 also on PC#2 after syncing, or did I made a mistake. I could get it only work with Companionlik Professional..

Thomas
03-28-2011, 07:43 AM
But this doesn't work to see changes made on PC#1 also on PC#2 after syncing, or did I made a mistake. I could get it only work with Companionlik Professional..

Hi Thom,

Perhaps you can explain exactly what you are using and what you want to accomplish and we can try to help.

DJOCTO
03-29-2011, 02:09 PM
Ring tones per contact! I guess that was implied, but not quite written down. I'll be sure to make sure it is done at the same time.

JimBob
06-23-2012, 02:59 PM
Newbie here just trying out DejaOffice, no attempt to load or run CL at this time (although that is coming).

Is this thread still active (last entry a year ago)? As a newbie, I came here looking for details about release schedule, revisions, changes, etc. It seems like many suggestions are here. Is this for release suggestions then?

Just finding my way around the DejaOffice community ;-) And want to be a responsible poster.

Regards,
Jim

Thomas
06-25-2012, 07:41 AM
Newbie here just trying out DejaOffice, no attempt to load or run CL at this time (although that is coming).

Is this thread still active (last entry a year ago)? As a newbie, I came here looking for details about release schedule, revisions, changes, etc. It seems like many suggestions are here. Is this for release suggestions then?

Just finding my way around the DejaOffice community ;-) And want to be a responsible poster.

Regards,
Jim

Hello Jim,

Welcome. If a thread is open you are welcome to post on it. Please see my signature for some hints on how to fill one out for yourself. It really helps us respond quicker.
Best,

Thomas

mtesta
11-30-2012, 03:49 AM
Hello there,

I am new of this forum and open here a new post because I am in DEEP TROUBLE!!

We have bought a licence of CompanionLink Professional after a trial period with no problems. I was the tester.
Now we have 3 salesman that are using DejaOffice to sync their daily activity from SugarCRM to Android.

Well, yesterday we have updated DJO to 2.3.3 (and soon after to 2.3.4 Beta) and all blew up!!

No syncs and PC error!!!
(It seems that DejaJournal has the blame)

Sales office is going to kill me (ofc).

I have opened a ticket and 2 posts in this forum. But at now, no answer.
I have collected error logs from Win7 and Apache and I am ready to send them to you.

Waiting with hope.

Thanks

Marco
DejaConnect USB sync
Sync Both ways

SO Win7 Ultimate
CompanionLink Professional (5048)
SugarCRM CE 6.5.6 (Build 8566)
With :
KINAMU SOAP Enhancement for the KINAMU Outlook Connector
it_IT Lang Pack OPENSYMBOL

mtesta
12-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Hi there.

Thanks, issue is fixed.
The last beta has corrected the problem.

My life is saved!! :D

Marco

Yary
06-18-2013, 10:26 AM
In time this app has been getting slower and slower to open. It takes Dejacontacts 3.5 seconds to open. (HTC One S & LG Nexus 4). It takes 1.5 seconds to get out of a contact.
Is there anything I can do on my end to speed up Dejacontacts?
Thank you.

halweg
06-19-2013, 02:03 AM
The same for me (1750 contacts).

Hook
06-19-2013, 05:58 AM
I actually don't think it is the number of contacts in this case. It does the same for me with (don't laugh, I only do personal stuff, my work is locked down) 90 contacts. Being an old guy, 3.5 seconds doesn't bother me that much, but I do notice it. Since it does it for such a small number of contacts, I'd guess it is some kind of start-up routine that is checking for stuff and/or doing housekeeping, but I don't know what.

tbessie
06-19-2013, 12:19 PM
I actually don't think it is the number of contacts in this case. It does the same for me with (don't laugh, I only do personal stuff, my work is locked down) 90 contacts. Being an old guy, 3.5 seconds doesn't bother me that much, but I do notice it. Since it does it for such a small number of contacts, I'd guess it is some kind of start-up routine that is checking for stuff and/or doing housekeeping, but I don't know what.

Hey Hook...

I'm an Old Guy too, but I've always been rather caffeinated, so that sounds like an ungodly amount of lag to me. :-)

- Tim