PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Captivate syncs with dejaOffice but not phone

tinausa
08-10-2010, 11:09 AM
I finally managed to sync with dejaOffice, but it does not do the second sync with the phone's calendar and contacts. Same is also true for notes and tasks.

There is no error. The phone just sits there with the animation going in circles.

I am not buying it until it works.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks,

Ben
08-11-2010, 12:04 PM
tinausa - A few questions here:

1. The animation should show some sort of status along with the spinning wheel (e.g. Updating contacts 50%). What is the status that shows on your phone?

2. How long have you let it go before canceling? Note that the process can take some amount of time during the initial sync if you have large amounts of data.

3. How many contacts do you have in DejaOffice? How many contacts do you have on the phone's contacts app?

tinausa
08-11-2010, 03:17 PM
I do have over 500 contacts.

Now, it syncs with dejaOffice. Then I click OK on PC and the phone then it goes syncing for a minute or two and then completes with a sync completed on <date> message. But nothing shows up in the phone's contacts and calendar.

Does the syncing from dejaOffice to phone need to use Google's cloud? I have set the Captivate's USB storage to Mass Storage. But do not want to use the cloud.

Thanks for your help. Greatly appreciate it.

Ben
08-12-2010, 01:02 PM
No, it does not need to use the cloud.

It sounds like you're syncing ok, but that the phone's contacts app is not displaying the data. Try going to the Contacts app on your phone, then going to Menu -> Display Options. Make sure that all accounts listed here are checked. Also make sure you are not displaying only contacts with phones.

tinausa
08-13-2010, 06:53 AM
When I do Menu > Display Options, I only see the Gmail, Facebook and Twitter as options. I added Gmail. There is nothing on the other two to add. If I try to add another account, there is noway to add a POP/SMTP account - only choices are Exchange/Corporate. The default account in my Outlook is my POP account with the internet service provider. But Outlook also pulls emails through a bunch of other secondary accounts including Gmail. So what am I doing wrong here?

IN the meantime, yesterday I hit some key and got an app/widget named All Contacts. That seems to have most of the contacts but not sure all. And not sure how they got in there.

TOday, I have set the default account in Outlook as Gmail. Let's see what happens.
The phone is USB mounted as Mass Storage and even though DejaOffice is not running there is a sync icon at the top. Not sure what it is syncing, but I will leave it there.

Does CompanionLink use Google's cloud?

Thanks for your help. I want to decide in the next few days if I want to keep the phone or not. Ability to sync with Outlook is a must for me. Please help with what you can.