PDA

View Full Version : Syncing Outlook & Act to iPad - Combining databases - Please advise

Badisblues
08-10-2010, 11:35 AM
I have both Outlook & Act on my laptop. There are 1900 contacts in Outlook and 5200 in Act.

I have my Outlook configured on the iPad though my Exchange account.

I'm looking only to copy my Act contacts into DejaOffice. When I synced using wifi it copied all of my Act contacts into both DelaOffice and Outlook.

Is there a setting that I missed to only sync Act to DejaOffice and leave Outlook alone?

Thanks!

jturner
08-16-2010, 10:20 AM
I too would like to hear about this. Following the steps of "Purge and Reload" to eliminate duplicate contacts, I DELETED my entire Outlook Address Book.

Ben
08-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Badisblues - This can't be done with iPad because DJO and iPad share the same contacts database. Basically, when you add your ACT! contacts to the database via CompanionLink/DJO, Exchange Active Sync automatically pushes them to Exchange/Outlook. As far as I know, there is no filtering in Exchange Active Sync, so there's no way to sync your Outlook contacts in Exchange Active Sync without also syncing the ACT! ones.

Incidentally, iOS4 solves this problem by allowing you to set up multiple contact accounts on the device. In this case, you would just sync ACT! with one account, and Exchange with the other one. Unfortunately, there is no word as of yet when Apple will push iOS4 out to iPad.