PDA

View Full Version : dejanotes and dejacalendar shortcuts don't work

kaoac
08-11-2010, 01:35 PM
Hi,

I posted this problem 3 months ago, but it still persists. I have 1.6.2 on a Droid Incredible.

The shortcuts for DejaNotes and DejaCalendar do not work correctly. If I select the DejaNotes shortcut, for example, the screen that opens up is not automatically DejaNotes, but rather the most recently viewed page within DejaOffice. For example, if the most recently viewed page was DejaCalendar, then selecting the DejaNotes shortcut opens up DejaCalendar. If I then select the "home" button in order to get to the DejaOffice homepage, and select DejaNotes WITHIN the DejaOffice homepage, then DejaNotes pops up. If I then leave the DejaOffice program by selecting the Incredible's home icon, and then select the DejaCalendar shortcut, DejaNotes opens up instead of DejaCalendar, presumably because DejaNotes is now the most recently viewed page.

Any fix would be helpful,
Albert Kao

Mr Blobby
08-12-2010, 12:25 AM
I have already posted about this, see the reply here:
http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/showthread.php?227-Shortcuts-open-incorrect-link

Mr Blobby
08-12-2010, 08:15 AM
Yep, just updated to latest version and shortcuts still useless as they open the last DJO screen used, regardless of setting.

Previous comment here http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/showthread.php?227-Shortcuts-open-incorrect-link

Ben
08-12-2010, 12:48 PM
kaoac and Mr Blobby - We're not seeing this issue in-house, but occasionally we hear reports of it. I think what's going on is that, for some reason DJO is still running after you close it (not sure if this is a DJO problem or an Android problem), so that when you attempt to re-open it using the shortcut, it just opens to whatever screen is still running (i.e. the last one you were viewing).

I'll see if we can figure out exactly what's causing this so that we can fix it. In the meantime, let us know if you have any additional insight as to how to reproduce it.

Jim Brown
08-12-2010, 03:12 PM
Ben,

It seems to be as you say. If you "back out" of DJO using the bottom left back arrow button to back out of DJO it will open DJO to the proper place in DJO based on the shortcut. If I hit the Home button without "backing out" of DJO, then hit a shortcut it takes me back to the place in DJO where I was last. A couple of times this has started up syncing when I didn't want to sync. I believe that this is an Android OS issue as I have seen it in other apps as well. I have just gotten in the habit of backing out of apps instead of hitting the home button.

Jim

kaoac
08-12-2010, 11:24 PM
thanks for the fix; it works. The reasoning seems correct also.

Mr Blobby
08-13-2010, 01:09 AM
Yes, same for me. Using the home button causes this problem. Thanks for finding this Jim.