PDA

View Full Version : Completed task from DJO don't sync to Outlook

Sven
08-11-2010, 03:11 PM
I have a recurring task created in Outlook. This syncs to DJO. When I complete this task, there's no change in outlook after sync. In DJO the task is still completed. After syncing some times, the open outlook task will be synced back to DJO (no duplicate).
I hoped that the outlook-task is completed after sync and on next sync the new task with next due-date will be synced back to DJO.

laurentdjo
08-12-2010, 08:29 AM
Hi Sven,

I have an issue near to you here : DJO systematically delete undated tasks !? (http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/showthread.php?291-DJO-sytematically-delete-undated-tasks-!&p=1346&viewfull=1#post1346). Did you get the same behavior than me ?

Regards

Ben
08-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Sven - I think this is largely a result of the way that Outlook's interface handles recurring tasks.

When you sync a recurring task completion from DJO to Outlook, Outlook automatically creates a new (the next) occurrence of it. The old, completed occurrence doesn't normally show in your Outlook task list, so that it looks like the task was left incomplete. (If you check the due date on it you should notice that it's later than the one you completed). Note that if you view your Outlook task folder instead of the task list, you should see the completed occurrence of the task.

Also, the new task occurrence will sync to DJO after Outlook generates it, which is why it appears to "come back" in the DJO task view. (Again, you should notice that the new one has a later due date than the one you completed).

I did notice a bug where the new occurrence sometimes doesn't sync from Outlook after it is generated, which will be fixed in a subsequent build of DejaOffice.

Sven
08-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Hi Ben, thanks for answer. I tested again and the result is this time a different behavior (now DJO 1.6.3, before 1.6.2).

1) Complete the task in DJO.
2) Sync
3) In Outlook the task is completed and the new task with next due date is created.
4) Sync
5) In DJO there is a COMPLETED task with the NEW due date.
6) Sync again -> no change.
Result: In Outlook uncompleted task with new date and in DJO completed task with new date.

Ben
08-16-2010, 04:58 PM
Sven - Thanks for the report. We'll fix this.