PDA

View Full Version : Issues with Contact-Sync

Sven
08-11-2010, 02:30 PM
1) I use the native app to edit the contacts (X10 Mini Pro). When I delete a address from a contact the change will not be synced to DJO and therefore not to outlook. After some syncs the address is back in the native app.

2) A contact-deletion is not synced everytime to DJO. After some syncs the contact is back in outlook.

I don't know why, but sometimes issue 2 works. Yesterday I installed DJO 1.6.2, is this maybe fixed?

Issue 1 is reproducible every time.

Ben
08-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Sven - Do you have sync with Google enabled? If so, try disabling it, to see if it fixes the problem. I've heard other reports of sync with Google re-adding data after deleting on the device.

Sven
08-14-2010, 02:25 PM
No contact sync with google. I only sync appointments with google. I've tested issued 1 again, but without deleting an item but modifying. The result is similar:

1. Adding contact in Outlook with a private address: Street 99, 9999 Test
2. Sync DJO
3. Edit the contact in native app: Street 88, 9999 Test
4. Sync DJO

Result: Outlook = Street 88, native app = Street 99, DJO = 2 x Home Address (Street 88 + Street 99).

The second home address is not editable in DJO.
Same result with other fields like company.

When I delete such a field, the deletion is not synced to Outlook and to DJO. Maybe there's also a second e.g. home address which is empty and not shown.
The problem don't occurs with all fields, it seems to work with the telephone-numbers.

I hope, you can reproduce it to solve this bug.

Ben
08-17-2010, 12:18 PM
Sven - Thanks for the report. We'll have this fixed in our next release.