PDA

View Full Version : DejaOffice for iPhone/iPad - Overview, Vision - Sticky, updated

DJOCTO
05-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Hello Everyone

We've been developing DejaOffice for iPhone since 2009.

Our main competition at this point is Outlook App for iPhone. We continue to have a User Interface battle between the simplicity of apple, with the geeky-ness of Outlook and Palm Desktop. For our team, Geeky is good, because it means more data on the screen, and more ways to get work done without moving to a new page.

If I could change the iPhone, I would add a back button. Programming for one button is great with light apps, but for heaving lifting a second button would be good. Apples plans, however are to possibly remove the one button. Obviously we live in two different worlds.

I think we can continue to stay ahead of Microsoft for business people who want a full featured app on the phone.

We remain an internally funded company. Our funding comes from selling PC Sync products. So every sale helps in a small way to fund our development. Every low star rating halts our funding and makes it more difficult for us to get the sales which pays for the developers.

We truly appreciate all the support here on the forum, and all the suggestions. Our goal is to stay in development mode to make the most powerful mobile business CRM on Android App Store.

For 2016 we plan a Material Design reboot. New icons, some adjustments to fonts and colors. Hopefully this will make the calendar, and the app as a whole more beautiful and less geeky. We will be adding group scheduling capabilities so you can see co-workers calendars (supported through DejaCloud).

That's all for now. Thanks for your support.

srobinson
11-20-2010, 10:59 AM
HI,
I have downloaded the DejaOffice 2010 for the iPad and I do not see email as one of the fields. I read that version 1.1.2 has corrected this. How do I get that version?, I really think that You all hae ve doe a great job with DejaOffice if I can get the email field. Also when I synce with ACT! the fax phone number comes over on the left side under the person's name instead of the work phone.
thank you for any help you can give especially the need for an Email field.

thanks

DJOCTO
11-21-2010, 03:32 PM
The current release build is 1.1.3. Please confirm this is the version on your iPad.

DejaOffice 1.1.4 will be released very soon and has extensive changes for DejaContacts Phone Numbers and Emails.

Kene
12-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Ok, I have a real newbie question. I travel extensively for work so I need outlook contacts,calendar and tasks to sync to both my iPhone and iPad going both directions so if I make a change on my iPad, it update both outlook and the iPhone. Can your program accomplish this? Right now Im using mobile me but it doesn't sync tasks and that is becoming an issue. I would like to be able to sync by wifi or 3G. Sorry for the newbie question but I'm not much of a techie

Thomas
12-30-2010, 09:12 AM
Hi Kene

To sync two different phones to one PC, or a phone and an iPad in this case, you need CompanionLink Professional. CompanionLink Professional has profile logic so you can set up a separate profile for each phone. Each profile can sync to a separate database on the PC, or it may sync to the same database. CompanionLink Pro allows up to three sync profiles to be created for three sync destinations.

CompanionLink Professional also features the Category Manager, so each Profile can draw data from more than one data source, like BCM and Outlook folders, ACT! and Google, all to one device.

I hope this information helps.