PDA

View Full Version : Deja Calendar data entry problem

Conroe
12-29-2013, 04:03 AM
When entering a new calendar item on Deja Calendar, the first entry mask shows entry fields, beginning with "subject". In order to enter the start time for the new calendar item, one taps on the field "Start date", which opens a new mask for entering date and time (design nicely implemented - I feel like using my old Palm M515).
Entering the date works ok, but entering the time is a nightmare: the machine does only erratically react on my touching the numbers for setting hour and minutes, the same goes for trying to scroll the hours in this very entry mask. This way the new data entry feature is unusable on my mobile device.
What is the remedy?

n.b.: no change in behavior when increasing system touch sensitivity from "normal" to "high", ditto when changing the sytem regional setting from "German" to "English (US)" (thus changing from regular 24h time format to the US 12h time format)

Deja Office 1.1.3.49
O/S WP8 8.0.10328.78
on Nokia Lumia 925, F/W 3049.0000.1330.0006

DJOCTO
01-02-2014, 11:23 AM
Conroe, welcome to the forums.

I have referred this to our DJOW team, and there should be a response shortly. Thank you for using DejaOffice.

Matt J
01-02-2014, 03:35 PM
Conroe,

The time selection slider has a narrow selection area. If you start your tap to the left or right of the hours slightly, the slider won't move even if you slide your finger to the correct position. If you miss the selection area you need to lift your finger then tap again directly on top of the hours. I'm submitting this issue to the development team so we can increase the size of the selection area.

Conroe
01-06-2014, 05:30 AM
Conroe,

The time selection slider has a narrow selection area.

Confirm that this is an issue of the narrow selection area: when I use the screen magnifier (settings -> ease of access -> screen magnifier 'on'), the selection area for the hour-entry is increased in size, and then it is easy to select a certain hour.

Conroe
01-06-2014, 05:33 AM
Thank you for using DejaOffice.

Pleasure :-)
... still waiting for the string file so I can start translating into German

DJOCTO
01-08-2014, 12:15 PM
Conroe, we see the problem on the Calendar and it will be updated in the next release.

As for German, I'll go tap the guys to see where we are on this. I expect it will be another month. We already have most translations so there won't be a file until we know what we will need.

Conroe
09-16-2014, 10:14 AM
problem solved with release 1.1.6.60, thanks