PDA

View Full Version : Categories for contacts and Memos combining

NanCcan
01-01-2014, 05:28 PM
My first sync combined Contacts categories with Memo categories (I don't have any Calendar categories).
I have since, in Sync Settings, selected only the contacts categories I want associated with Contacts, which left only the remaining categories showing in Memos - Yay!
One category had been split into two on the original USB sync, so I have renamed that category on both Palm Desktop and DejaOffice and deleted the duplicate category.
Now... when I do another sync (which is now set to be phone>Palm Desktop; not both ways), will these changes be recognized and not duplicated?

DJOCTO
01-02-2014, 11:54 AM
These changes should all stick. The problem is the initial sync has to make some assumptions.

NanCcan
01-02-2014, 12:52 PM
I had submitted a ticket regarding this to CompanionLink and their reply was "I would recommend doing a wipe and reload after changing settings just to be cautious. Below I have included instructions on how to do so.

1. Open CompanionLink
2. Click "Options"
3. Select "Reread Palm data" and "Wipe Android Data"
4. Perform sync as normal"

However, I accidentally did a sync when I plugged my phone into the computer before getting their reply (I was doing a Kies backup and didn't realize CompanionLink was still in my startup - so was running).

Memos and Contacts Categories on both phone and in Palm Desktop remained as I had arranged them (see original post), and the re-named category synced perfectly.

DJOCTO
01-02-2014, 03:00 PM
Harumph. If it was not a holiday week, I would walk over there and "learn" the tech. However, we've been short staffed so I know they are working very hard to get everything answered.

NanCcan
01-09-2014, 03:37 PM
Oops! The correct categories are showing up in Memos and Contacts, but when I added a new memo and tried to assign it to a category there are no categories showing up in the list at all to choose from.

DJOCTO
01-13-2014, 03:48 PM
In DejaOffice, Main menu, choose Categories. Check there which App is selected for each category. Make sure your Memo categories are set there.

I hope this information helps.

NanCcan
01-13-2014, 08:56 PM
When I go to the DejaOffice main menu and select categories, there is no place for me to assign categories to apps. At the top of the screen, I can choose font size, add a memo, and go to settings. When I go to settings, the only two choices I have are "Merge Duplicate Records," and "Wipe DejaOffice Records." The last two are the only ones available if I go to Settings first and then select "Category Settings" and/or "DejaMemos Settings.

DJOCTO
01-20-2014, 11:36 AM
NanCcan, in DejaOffice for Android, the category manager is the 10th icon (First icon on the 4th row to the left). "Categories".

1. Click on "Categories"

2. Select a category that is not right in Tasks or Memos.

3. Look on the lower half of the category edit view. There are check boxes to control which "apps" the category shows in.

4. Check or uncheck as needed.

I hope this information helps.

NanCcan
01-21-2014, 12:44 PM
It did help!
Thank you for the more detailed instructions!