PDA

View Full Version : DJO Slowing?

rjbinney
08-13-2010, 10:52 AM
It seems that it is taking longer to launch DJO. Not just the Calendar function (the lags there, I know everyone else is mentioning, so I don't have to), but even launching from my home screen can take several seconds. Reminds me of when I had a LifeDrive! (But slower).

Thoughts?

Ben
08-13-2010, 03:34 PM
We've identified an issue where processing certain calendar events can cause our app to slow down. We'll fix this in 1.6.4, which I think will take care of the slow launch time issue you are seeing. Look for the DejaOffice 1.6.4 update next week.

rjbinney
08-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Good stuff; this board is certainly keeping y'all busy. Hope someone's comping your Mountain Dew.

To clarify, though, even when I'm on my Android home screen and I select the basic DJO program, I have several seconds (5+) while it loads. This is before I even have the opportunity to select Tasks, Calendar, etc.

Off-Topic, kinda: Do I need a "task killer"? If yes, what's a good one? And how does one go about using one effectively? Thanks!

SPF
08-17-2010, 07:30 AM
Ben,

What about the slow sync time? Will this be improved in 1.6.4? The "reading calendar data" phase is now taking a very long time.