PDA

View Full Version : How are changing IP's handled (DHCP)

McLion
02-13-2014, 10:06 AM
Hi

Does the device ultimately need a fixed IP?
What happens if the device changes its IP due to DHCP?
It actually still can be found by name and DNS resolve in the LAN.
Is the name of any purpose for additional identification?
Is local WiFi sync possible with 2 PC's (Home and Office)?

Thanks for shedding some light on these settings.
I'm still syncing by USB but due to the persistent issues I'm thinking of trying the local WiFi.

McL

DJOCTO
02-13-2014, 10:45 AM
McL, Wi-Fi sync is now totally changed in the CL6 Beta release:

http://www.companionlink.com/inhouse/

1. In CompanionLink, select the option to pair the device
2. In DejaOffice, press the "Sync" button

After pairing, the device will be able to connect without regard to IP address, DHCP, DNS etc. The connection will be automatic.

McLion
02-13-2014, 11:01 AM
DJOCTO,
Thanks, I'll try with the new version.
How about syncing to multiple PC's? In the past I made some very bad experiences with syncing 2 PC's. Has this been improved
as well?

DJOCTO
02-13-2014, 02:38 PM
Multiple PCs will work fine. Things are a lot better there than a couple years ago.

For multiple devices, be sure the "Device name" is different for each device. That's all.

McLion
02-14-2014, 02:52 AM
Just set it up on my office PC. Works perfect so far. Daily sync (if not automatically) has to be started from the device, right?
Going to try on the home PC tonight.

DJOCTO
02-19-2014, 11:59 AM
The current release does not change the sync style. So you need to start from the device.

We are working to add Auto-Sync. This will be in a DJOA update.

McLion
02-20-2014, 06:22 AM
The current release does not change the sync style. So you need to start from the device.

We are working to add Auto-Sync. This will be in a DJOA update.

Are you sure about that?
If I click sync on the device while CL is started on the PC it opens a sync window on the PC and on the device it tells me to start the sync on the PC (which I am not doing because it already does some stuff), then takes some time and then I get an error message on the PC that the device could not be found which is funny because CL on the PC just reacted on the sync start of the device. On the device the sync finishes and the DJO main screens stays open with the old sync date/time.
If I click sync on the PC it syncs and finishes without any error.