PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] - Ability to manually push Dejacalendar events to Android calendar

arcspin
08-13-2010, 12:57 PM
Hi,
When I sync calendar events from Outlook to Dejaoffice the update to native Android calendar works just fine (sometimes it takes a while for it to happen) but....

When I just add an event directly into Dejacalendar the automatic update of the native Android calendar doesn't work very well (read never).

I would like to have a manual way of forcing DejaOffice to push data to Android calendar so that I know for sure that the calendar information right away will end up in the Android calendar.

(From there I have another calendar program, to read Android calendar, who have widgets to display my events at one of my home screens)

Can this be done ?

//arcspin

Jason
08-13-2010, 02:54 PM
arcspin-
We've seen that on some phones we add the event to the native calendar database, but it takes a second to actually show up. This may or may not be caused by Google sync. Turn it on/off depending on what you have set and see if it makes a difference. The only other option is to tap and hold the "Read Android data" button which does a full reread of the DJO calendar to sync with the native calendar. This however doesn't sync the events any differently nor does it "force" them to show immediately.

arcspin
08-13-2010, 03:21 PM
Hi and thank you for the quick response.
Ok, here is what I have found.

When I add an category to an event in DejaCalendar the event doesn't sync with Android calendar !
When I don't have an category to the event DejaCalendar sync within a second to Android calendar.

When I add (or not) an category in Outlook and use Companionlink to sync to Dejacalendar the event show up in Android Calendar.

I thought that "Read Android Data" read the Android calendar data to DJO, not the other way around, or does it do both ?

Hope this helps,
//arcspin

rjbinney
08-13-2010, 04:57 PM
What calendar programs do you recommend to complement Dejaoffice?

I also have a Galaxy S.

arcspin
08-13-2010, 11:21 PM
Hi rjbinney,
I use Jorte as an read only calendar and calendar widget.
Jorte have a ton of different widgets and I use the week widget 2x4 as my calendar widget for one of my home screens and I use a 4x1 widget as my widget on my lock screen.

I would like to add that the minute DJO comes out with a couple decent week widgets and week views in DejaCalendar, Jorte is out!

*note
Not to steal attention from my "category bug report", anyone else have the same issue with category events that doesn't sync with Android calendar ?

//arcspin