PDA

View Full Version : Date names shown as numbers

uhl
08-14-2010, 07:03 AM
After an update to Android v. 2.2 DejaOffice displays date names as numbers. mon, tue., etc as 2, 3,
and jan., feb., etc as 1, 2, ...
If I want to select first day of week my choices are 1 or 2

I have now updated to DJO version 1.6.3 which did not solve the problem.

HTC Desire, Android 2.2, CompanionLink USB ver. 4.0 build 4006, Outlook 2007, Windows Vista.

Ben
08-16-2010, 05:48 PM
uhl - We're not able to reproduce this problem.

DJO reads the day/date format from Android, so I assume this is where the problem coming from. Also, I think HTC issues custom ROMs for some of the European markets, so we may not be able to see the problem with our North American phones.

I would try changing the date/time format in Android Settings, to see if it fixes the problem. Otherwise, tell us what country you're in, as the problem may be country-specific.

uhl
08-24-2010, 09:49 AM
I have tried changing day/date formats. am/pm or 24 h display are carried over, but not the names of months and days. My country is Denmark. I would suggest, that you implement a default that is readable instead of the numbers until you find a solution for my Danish system. That means that for instance in week view, which now reads:
8 23 - 8 29
2 3 4 5 6 7 1
the default should be
August 23 - August 29
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
and likewise in the other views. It would mean an improvement over the numbers default even if it's in English.

Retep
08-25-2010, 08:39 AM
I confirm uhl's comment. I live in France and use the french version. My choice is week start at monday and date format dd/mm. Despite, my HTC Desire displays in Deja Cal monday as number 2 and date format as mm/dd. uhl's proposal would be fine, but even more convenient in french.

TobiasL
08-26-2010, 06:01 AM
For me it's the same.. My HTC Desire runnig Android 2.2 in Germany also shows '5, 2010 8 26' for todays thursday