PDA

View Full Version : DejaOffice if iPhone/iPad - Plans, release schedule, upcoming

DJOCTO
05-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Welcome to our Forums!

Current App Store build is 1.4.1.

Next release is 1.4.2 - We expect this to be released by March 15th, 2013

Comments welcome. This post is sticky. This update March 3, 2013

Wayland Bruns, CTO
CompanionLink Software, Inc.

DJOCTO
06-10-2010, 08:26 PM
June schedule is on target. Keep faith.

For June c), apparently Steve's goody pack was mostly hardware stuff. Front facing camera and higher DPS. I look forward to iPhone 4, but it doesn't impact the data management side much.

For now, it looks like we'll meet our goal of Alarms (thanks to the new notification API) and Calendar integration, right on time for iPhone 4 launch on June 21. Everyone with iPhone 3, and 3gs will be able to do an OS upgrade to 4. Indeed I'm running 4 on my inhouse development device. All systems go.

DJOCTO
06-16-2010, 11:38 AM
DejaOffice 1.0.5 is available in the App Store now. The release notes are below. This release includes the same type of context menus as the Tap and Hold ones in DJO for Android, except you just select the category bar or list screen title to get to it.

DejaOffice 1.0.5

* Added context menus for each mini-app. This allows for quick selection of sorting and filtering options.

* Added text size options for each mini app (Micro-Smallest, Business-Medium, and Normal-Large)

* Added new filtering options to Tasks (Next 7 Days, Last 7 Days, Today, Overdue)

* Added all new Edit/View screens

* Added new colors for categories

* Added Japanese language translations

* Contacts and Notes now show 2 lines of text per entry

* Fixes an issue with ACT! contact notes not syncing to DejaContacts

Eric
07-16-2010, 05:41 PM
DejaOffice 1.1 is now available in the App Store.

DejaOffice 1.1:

---New for iOS 4.0 devices---
1) added native iPhone calendar app syncing to DejaCal
2) added calendar alarms for DejaCal
3) fixed an issue where Wi-Fi Sync would crash
4) fixed an issue where the categories app would crash

---Additional features/fixes for all devices---
*changed "no category" color to light grey
*improved contact list view spacing
*URLs are now linkable from contact notes
*phone numbers now auto format in DejaContacts
*added text to each day in the month view
*added context menu buttons to Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes
*removed the loading bars from startup
*fixed an issue where task notes would not sync via Wi-Fi

DJOCTO
07-29-2010, 06:40 AM
DejaOffice for iPhone/iPad 1.1.1 is available in the App Store now. Release notes are below.

DejaOffice 1.1.1
* Fixed an issue saving calendar events on iOS 3.x devices.
* Fixed an issue setting task due dates on iPad.

Jb222
08-07-2010, 06:02 AM
My experience with wifi sync is less than satisfactory with ipad. I suggest you fix the various issues with synchronization of the ipad....it appears to me that the majority of people that are syncing ipad with dejaoffice thru companipnlink are unsuccessful (based upon these forums and numerous blogs).

and lets be straight here, wifi adds factors that aren't ideal for syncing.

Jim Brown
08-26-2010, 07:05 PM
Any update on the iPad DJO? I just bought an iPad and paid the difference to upgrade to CL Pro in order to sync both with my Outlook. I love the Android DJO.. hoping to see more out of iPad DJO...

Thanks for all the work on all fronts!
Jim

sappy1
09-13-2010, 09:36 AM
I love DejaOffice (I have the iPhone version). I was wondering if you're planning the ability to change among the various apps within Deja Office with tabs instead of the extra step of having to hit the home button. For example, each app (contacts, calendar,tasks, etc.) would be represented at the bottom with a tab. To go from one to another, you just have to hit the tab. This way, you don't have to hit HOME to see all the apps before going to the app you want.

DJOCTO
09-13-2010, 08:55 PM
Hmmm, had not thought of that. I'm sure it will make my iphone team barf at the complexity of the UI. I'll post it. We're still working on usability of the individual apps. 1.1.2 will be out soon with rewritten Contacts and Calendar. Tasks and Notes after that.

sappy1
09-14-2010, 10:08 AM
Hmmm, had not thought of that. I'm sure it will make my iphone team barf at the complexity of the UI. I'll post it. We're still working on usability of the individual apps. 1.1.2 will be out soon with rewritten Contacts and Calendar. Tasks and Notes after that.

Thanks. If you think about it, the way DejaOffice is currently configured (having to hit the home button to see all the apps as you transfer from app to app) isn't much different from using the native PIM apps on the iPhone (You have to hit the home button on the iPhone to go between apps). Having tabs would give an advantage to DejaOffice. Agendus does this, but the rest of the app still doesn't work very well--and Agendus doesn't have all the apps you have.

newipoduser11
09-21-2010, 06:35 PM
I just downloaded an update for this application today and now my complete calendar is wiped clean. The update erased all my scheduled events. I tried to sync the Ipod and my events did not come back. Now what?

Katia
09-22-2010, 03:24 AM
Hi,

I did the same on my iPhone and lost all my calender events.
I didn't try resyncing again as I still have an unresolved issue with contacts that multiply when syncronising.

jondavid
09-23-2010, 07:31 AM
I have tried to wireless sync the user define fields using the most recent version of companion Link Pro (ACT 2011 Premium, Windows 7 Pro) with my i-Pad. Not working. I tried both rewrite then purge & reload still no information in user define fields on i-pad. Also, my version of Deja Office 2010 is 1.1.2. Since I am in the trial period for Companion Link Pro a prompt reply would be appreciated.

DJOCTO
10-03-2010, 09:02 AM
Jondavid, welcome to the forum. The best method for tech support is to email support@companionlink.com. They will respond within a day. As you can see here, responses from techs can be a bit sporatic. I hope you got it all working.

SJTArchitect
10-07-2010, 02:02 AM
I've tried the url link within the notes... does not seem to work. I was expecting to be able to tap on a known url within the notes field of a contact, which then takes me to a web browser.

DejaOffice 1.1 is now available in the App Store.

DejaOffice 1.1:

---New for iOS 4.0 devices---
1) added native iPhone calendar app syncing to DejaCal
2) added calendar alarms for DejaCal
3) fixed an issue where Wi-Fi Sync would crash
4) fixed an issue where the categories app would crash

---Additional features/fixes for all devices---
*changed "no category" color to light grey
*improved contact list view spacing
*URLs are now linkable from contact notes
*phone numbers now auto format in DejaContacts
*added text to each day in the month view
*added context menu buttons to Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes
*removed the loading bars from startup
*fixed an issue where task notes would not sync via Wi-Fi

DJOCTO
10-07-2010, 01:01 PM
SJTArchitect - are you using an iOS 4 device? I don't think the link works for iOS 3 devices like iPad (until the update).

Thomas
02-03-2011, 10:17 AM
Release notes for recent DejaOffice builds.

DejaOffice 1.1.7
* Added support for Lotus Notes custom recurrings (requires CL build 4030+).
*Fixed multiple UI issues with DejaContacts, DejaTasks, and DejaNotePad on iPad.
*Fixed an issue where searching in DajaContactts on iPad may crash.
*Fixed an issue when filtering bu "no category' would show duplicated contacts.
*Fixed issues with update syncs syncing slowly with a large number of contacts.
*Improved sync message feedback for Wi-Fi sync.

DejaOffice 1.1.6

* Added an option to import native iPhone contact groups into DJO categories
* Fixed issues with DejaNotePad category filtering
* Fixed an issue with the cancel button in DejaContacts on iPad

DejaOffice v1.1.5

* Fixed a bug where existing contacts might not display on non-English language iPad.
* Fixed a bug where new contacts could not be manually added on iPad.
* Added feature to automatically import groups from native contacts to DejaOffice categories on first run.
* Fixed issues with task category filtering.

DejaOffice v1.1.4

* Added support for multiple contact categories.
* Added support for custom contact fields.
* Added Franklin style priorities for tasks.
* Added support for synching TBYL tasks and events from Outlook (requires CompanionLink build 4029 or higher).
* Added new interface for creating/editing tasks. New interface adds fields for contact links, Start Date, Completion Percentage, Status, and Location.
* Added Title field for DejaNotes.
* Added support for syncing DejaNotes via Secure Hosted Sync (requires CompanionLink build 4029 or higher).
* Improved list views for all apps.
* Fixed issue where DejaCalendar was not syncing with native iPhone calendar.
* Fixed bug where reassigned categories would not sync.
* Fixed bug where task priorities would sometimes sync incorrectly.
* Fixed bug where events created in DejaCalendar could default to an invalid end time.
* Fixed issues with contact sort order.
* Fixed a bug where DJO would crash with "Sync Personal" option unchecked and purge/reload selected.
* Fixed issues with contact category filtering.
* Added support for syncing contact fields Profession, Spouse (requires CompanionLink build 4029 or higher).
* Fixed bug where recurring event end dates were not synced properly.
* Various UI improvements.

http://www.companionlink.com/iphone/notes.html