PDA

View Full Version : Events not showing up in Android cal, this is how I solved it

arcspin
08-16-2010, 07:38 AM
Ok,
I have been playing around (during work hours, don't tell my boss) and have made this conclusions how to get events to show up in Android calendar, both single events and reocuring events.

First off, this was my initial find:
When I add an category to an event in DejaCalendar the event doesn't sync with Android calendar !
When I don't have an category to the event DejaCalendar sync within a second to Android calendar.

Meaning that if you add an event in Dejacal, don't assign a category to it, wait until next sync and after that sync add the category to the event and it will show up (with that category) in Android calendar next time you sync.

However....
When I add (or not add) an category in Outlook and use Companionlink to sync to Dejacalendar the event show up in Android Calendar just fine so the above fix is only necessary for entrys in Dejacal only.
------------
Then I started to think about all the reocuring events that I have that doesn't show up in Android Cal.
What If I do a similar approch to them aswell, so here is what I did.

I made new reocuring events in OUTLOOK without any categories assign to them.
I did a sync with DejaCal and DejaCal pushed it over to Android Calendar just fine !
Then I assigned a category to the same reocuring event add did another sync, this time the category showed up in DejCal.

Then I deleted the old reocuring events

However, as soon as I change one of the reocuring events in OUTLOOK that change don't make it over to Android cal, the changed text show up in DejaCal alright but not in Android Cal no matter if there is an category attched to it or not.

----

So the bottomline is to walk carefully on your toes so you don't wake up the sync monster :p

Cheers,
//arcspin

Jason
08-16-2010, 03:27 PM
arcspin-
We'll have the issue with syncing categorized calendar events from DJO to native fixed soon. Thanks for pointing it out.

As for recurring events changes not syncing - there is a known issue. Any modifications to a single recurring event (known as a recurring exception) will not sync to the native calendar unless Google calendar sync is turned on. There is no way around this. This is a Android OS issue.

arcspin
08-16-2010, 10:13 PM
arcspin-
We'll have the issue with syncing categorized calendar events from DJO to native fixed soon. Thanks for pointing it out.

As for recurring events changes not syncing - there is a known issue. Any modifications to a single recurring event (known as a recurring exception) will not sync to the native calendar unless Google calendar sync is turned on. There is no way around this. This is a Android OS issue.

Glad to hear that you are on the right track of fixing the category bug.

Regarding the "recurring exception", this is yet another reason not to rely on the native calendar and as soon as you guys have the time to add some widgets and a week view I donīt have to rely on Android calendar any more.

Keep up the good work, we all appreciate it !

//arcspin