PDA

View Full Version : DejaOffice v1.6.4 BETA is now available

Jason
08-18-2010, 03:27 PM
DejaOffice v1.6.4 BETA is now available to download from www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp.

DejaOffice v1.6.4 BETA
*fixed an issue where certain calendar events would not show in the list view
*fixed an issue where some DJO calendar events would not sync to the native calendar
*fixed an issue where DejaTasks and DejaNotes may crash if the category filter was set to a nonexistent category
*fixed an issue where all day events showed up incorrectly in certain time zones
*Categories now shows the correct title
*fixed an issue where street addresses could be duplicated
*added a "No Category" option for the category filters
*fixed an issue where new events with a category created in DJO would not sync to the native calendar
*improved performance in DejaCal for large data sets

arcspin
08-19-2010, 04:09 AM
Hi,
I have downloaded and tested the latest beta 1.6.4 and I can confirm that all day evens are now showing up on the right day i DJ Cal and that calendar events entered in DJ Cal with an category is being transfered to the native calendar !

CONFIRMED = *fixed an issue where all day events showed up incorrectly in certain time zones
CONFIRMED = *fixed an issue where some DJO calendar events would not sync to the native calendar

GOOD WORK !

//arcspin

ps,
When you download the latest BETA make sure to tap on the blue link "DejaOffice 1.6.4 BETA" under the big green box.

RobFreundlich
08-19-2010, 08:18 AM
I can conform the improved performance in DejaCal for large data sets. Before installing the beta, I got the "Retrieving calendar data" progress indicator every time I switched days (or weeks or months). Now I don't seem to be getting it at all.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Soapy123
08-21-2010, 01:00 PM
Can someone PLEASE tell me where the "post a new thread" button is located? I may be missing something very simple, but I cannot find the botton on any page. !!!

thanks

Jim Brown
08-21-2010, 02:00 PM
Go to the Forum that you want to post the new thread. Look up in the right hand corner. There is a pull-down menu titled Forum Tools. I believe the start new thread is the first option.

Jim

Soapy123
08-21-2010, 02:06 PM
Hi Jim:

Hey! thanks! No one seemed able to answer this simple question and I have been going nuts trying to find an answer. BIG :-)

Go to the Forum that you want to post the new thread. Look up in the right hand corner. There is a pull-down menu titled Forum Tools. I believe the start new thread is the first option.

Jim

Soapy123
08-21-2010, 02:09 PM
Jim: I am still finding this to be a problem. The Forum Tools is NOT available on every page when doing a reply. This is what I am finding baffling and confusing. It is on some pages but not others.

Hi Jim:

Hey! thanks! No one seemed able to answer this simple question and I have been going nuts trying to find an answer. BIG :-)

Jim Brown
08-21-2010, 02:16 PM
The reason it is not everywhere is that there are Forum Tools when you are on the Forum page and Thread Tools when you are within a thread. There would not be Forum Tools when you are within a thread. You wouldn't be able to start a new Thread within a thread.... you would have to be viewing a forum to start a new thread in. It is a Folder (Forum) Subfolder (Thread) hierarchy.

Jim

Soapy123
08-22-2010, 07:47 AM
Jim:

Thanks for the follow-up. You have answered my question and now I understand the differences.

The reason it is not everywhere is that there are Forum Tools when you are on the Forum page and Thread Tools when you are within a thread. There would not be Forum Tools when you are within a thread. You wouldn't be able to start a new Thread within a thread.... you would have to be viewing a forum to start a new thread in. It is a Folder (Forum) Subfolder (Thread) hierarchy.

Jim

driodx
08-24-2010, 05:15 AM
I am using the new beta version of DejaOffice. I like it so far but having problem with one thing. When I sync the phone with my Droid X base calendar, all the events are off by 1 day. If the real appointment is for Aug 25th, under DejaOffice calendar - it shows Aug 24th. Anyone else have this problem or know what I am doing wrong. My phone clock and date is correct.

Soapy123
08-24-2010, 07:02 AM
Hi Driodx:
I don't have your phone, but if this happened to me the first thing that I would check is the time ZONE setting. It might seem silly, but sometimes one little tiny thing could make a difference.

Once I went nuts for two weeks trying to do something and couldn't make it work. In an online search one little tiny sentence in the middle of a huge paragraph, very nonchalantly mentioned, said remove a check mark. And that was the solution to my problem. I hope this might be as simple for you!

I am using the new beta version of DejaOffice. I like it so far but having problem with one thing. When I sync the phone with my Droid X base calendar, all the events are off by 1 day. If the real appointment is for Aug 25th, under DejaOffice calendar - it shows Aug 24th. Anyone else have this problem or know what I am doing wrong. My phone clock and date is correct.

driodx
08-24-2010, 02:49 PM
Soapy123 - thank you for the response. I checked into your suggestion and it my system appears to be correct (eastern time), time and date are current. I thought there might be a glitch in the sync with the Droid X. If there are any other suggestions - I sure would appreciate your help. Also, I went into all of my events and corrected the date. When I did another sync, all of the events went back to the prior day to the actual event. A little frustrated since some of my events are a years worth.

Soapy123
08-24-2010, 03:02 PM
Here is another thing that I did with a problem I was having.

My contacts AND their pictures were not syncing properly.

I went through EVERY contact (756 of em' which is not a lot from what I've seen on this board) and checked every contact. I found some errors and fixed them. This was time consuming but worth it.

Then, on the sync setup page I did a purge and ONE WAY sync from computer (cpu) to cellphone for my contacts (I did not have a problem with the calendar, so I don't know if this will help your situation.

Of course, you would do the above steps for your CALENDAR, not the Contacts.

I hate to tell you to fix all your calendar dates (again), but that is what I would do.

Fix the dates, then do a purge and one-way sync of Calendar to cellphone. Then, if that works, we know that the problem is with the sync going from the cell to the cpu.

Ha. At that point, if that is the issue, you would have to contact CompanionLink tech support because I wouldn't know what to do next.

Curious to know if this helps. Let me know.

Soapy123 - thank you for the response. I checked into your suggestion and it my system appears to be correct (eastern time), time and date are current. I thought there might be a glitch in the sync with the Droid X. If there are any other suggestions - I sure would appreciate your help. Also, I went into all of my events and corrected the date. When I did another sync, all of the events went back to the prior day to the actual event. A little frustrated since some of my events are a years worth.