PDA

View Full Version : Deja Office -- wish list

marana13
05-07-2010, 01:25 PM
SEARCH CALENDAR NOTES: it would be great if I could search my calendar notes -- I put a lot of info in them (who was at the meeting, what was discussed etc. etc.) and I'd like to be able to search them on my Droid. I didn't see this on the list of upcoming features. BTW, your app is great -- I held off retiring my BBerry and getting a Droid until I could synch w/ Outlook.
Thanks.

DJOCTO
05-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Welcome to our forum Marana!

I definitely agree. I think somehow it got dropped off the menus. I'll be sure it is in the next release. Hoping for may 12 or 13 on it. Keep up the great suggestions. Anyone else?

kvedt
05-08-2010, 07:36 AM
It took me a while to figure out that I could put the individual apps on my home screen by adding shortcuts, not programs or widgets. That would be fine except that when I press DejaToday, DejaCalendar or DejaContacts, the only thing that appears is DejaCalendar. I can press screen back from there and get the DejaOffice apps screen and choose Today or Contacts from there, but I'm guessing that wasn't your intent for where those shortcuts would lead you to.

Having said that, this is a really welcome upgrade. I was [voice of Maxwell Smart] this close [/voice of Maxwell Smart] to giving up on my Incredible due to lack of business features.

Peter

DJOCTO
05-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Kvedt, these work fine for me.

I have DejaToday, DejaContacts, DejaCal and DejaTasks on my "Desktop". I hit the shortcut for each, and it brings me in just fine.

What phone are you using (i.e. what Android OS also). I'm using a Nexus One running Android 2.1

kvedt
05-08-2010, 10:22 PM
I'm using a new Verizon Droid Incredible running Android 2.1 with update 1 (update came OTA a few days ago, supposed to deal with some kind of MS exchange issue that isn't relevant to me). Not sure it matters, but I'm using Outlook 2007 running on Windows 7 64 bit.

I played around a little more and found that what I access first affects what happens later when using the shortcuts. In my earlier post, I'd accessed DejaCalendar first, so pressing either DejaContacts or DejaToday took me back to DejaCalendar. I'd powered off for a different reason, and after it came back up I tried pressing DejaContacts first, which resulted in any shortcut icon taking me to DejaContacts. Appears to be some weird memory thing.

Not sure if it's related, but I've also been having weird problems with Syncr (an iTunes synching program for Android) where playlists do not show music even though other lists such as Albums, Songs or Genres do, and the music plays fine once it's found. Here's the potentially related part. I contacted the developer (Justin Tipton) and we tried a few science projects. The net outcome is that even after wiping all the data off the microSD card and reinstalling Syncr, the old playlists still appear. He was able to recreate the problem on an Incredible that he bought yesterday, even though that device initially seemed to work. Trolling through visible folders and files on both the device's internal memory and the microSD card (16 Gb Class six) displayed no m3u folders or file, no mp3 folders or files, etc. So it's there someplace, but no place I can see. There's something about how HTC is using Android that's storing memory about programs someplace that's inaccessible to prying eyes (and programs) but is being used almost like a cache for commands.

I'm not giving up on any of this, but I must admit that earlier today it occurred to me that it's taking a lot of work to do stuff that an iPhone pretty much does when you take it out of the box and buy a few apps. But that's enough whining. Let me know if you have any thoughts. In the mean time, I hope you have a good remainder of your weekend.

Peter

DJOCTO
05-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Kvedt, we were digging a bit on Friday into the HTC posted source code for Android to tackle a technical obstacle. There's some mystery things there.

Let me say first that I LOVE HTC, and I think they are on the forefront of innovation. But there's a cost to producing so much innovation out of one shop in a given year. The cost is, it takes time to stabilize all the new features they are tucking into every new phone.

I'd say just sit tight. Incredible and the HTC line is really cool. It's not too surprising there are a few bumps to overcome. I expect a few more OS updates before things get stable. That's all. Nothing big here. You can't be on the leading edge without a hiccup or two.

That's my opinion.

newipoduser11
06-17-2010, 11:35 PM
I am a new Ipod user that was very attached to my palm pilot. I was thrilled to find a suggestion for the Deja application to replace my minimal calendar options that comes with the Ipod. I have run into one problem. I have been trying to schedule a recurring event and the application does not understand. I select the option for recurrence weekly and every 3 weeks, but the app puts the event on every week vs. every 3rd. I have become very frustrated trying to straighten this out and am ready to begin searching for another app to fit my needs. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks for your time!
Cheryl

Eric
06-18-2010, 09:22 AM
Hi Cheryl. We plan to add flexible recurring event entry to DejaOffice, so that you'll be able to enter an appointment that occurs every three weeks to your DejaCalendar. In the meantime, if you enter the "every three weeks" event on your PC, you can sync it to DejaOffice using CompanionLink.

newipoduser11
06-18-2010, 10:02 AM
Thanks for your response Eric... You don't happen to have any idea of a timeframe for this upgrade?

Eric
06-18-2010, 11:22 AM
Cheryl, no ETA for this particular upgrade, though we are adding features quite frequently. For more information about our release schedule for iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, check out the thread at www.dejaoffice.com/forums/showthread.php?32-DejaOffice-if-iPhone-iPad-Plans-release-schedule-upcoming

For Android the thread is www.dejaoffice.com/forums/showthread.php?30-DejaOffice-for-Android-General-release-schedule