PDA

View Full Version : Have to ask...

Hook
01-02-2015, 08:46 AM
...is the web interface for Deja Cloud abandonware? I understand that the sync/push capabilities of DejaCloud work (although it has been a long while since I have tried them), but for me the real value would be having web access. The web UI has not been updated for over a year and it does not work well for me, as detailed in another thread. Nothing has changed as of the last time I tried it.

I'd really love an excuse to give you folks more money, but it looks more and more to me like you really are only going after the sync/push capabilities, not the web access as a useful tool.

I also understand I may be in the minority amongst your customers. Many may not want web-based cloud access. I respect that you arrange your priorities according to your needs and the need to serve the largest number of your customers. That's why I'm asking, not complaining. :)

Happy New Year to all.

DJOCTO
01-02-2015, 10:28 AM
Ah, the magic of revenue.

At the moment, the mechanics of DejaCloud are sound. We are adding new functionality to handle attachment sync. So when you attach a PDF to a calendar event, or a picture to a contact, it gets synchronized automatically. Attachment sync is already working with Android Wi-Fi and USB Sync.

Our 2014 got hijacked by a nonsensical change in Google Calendar API's. There's nothing so fun as having 100k customers and then Google says; yeah, we aren't going to support that API any more. That has really dominated our programmers work from August through December to rewrite the code, and validate it for all our sync destinations (Lotus Notes anyone?). Luckily that project is over.

I'm setting priorities for 2015. We'll probably work a bit with DJOL and do a minor update. I'm not entirely pleased with our toolkit. On the other hand, the revenue produced by this offering is very minimal, so it leads me to prioritize other areas first.

Hook
07-24-2015, 08:54 AM
So, I finally decided to add to your revenue (lol, don't spend it all in one place) and am now using DejaCloud push sync. So far, I am loving it. I would still like to see something better done with the web interface, but I don't really need it, just a nice to have. It is now so much easier keeping my phone, desktop and tablet all in sync. I love not using a cable. The sync is fast and reliable (so far). I'm sure little glitches will come up to be worked out (had duplicate contacts on my first sync. No idea why), but it is a great service. Happy to contribute roughly $8.33/month. :)

Bruceslade
11-24-2015, 12:33 PM
Will the DejaCloud sync/push kep my iPad, iPhone and Windows desktop in sync?
Or do I need any additional tools?
Been suffering thru Companion Link, way oo manual & time consuming.

DJOCTO
11-25-2015, 08:22 AM
Bruceslade, DejaCloud will keep iPad, iPhone and Windows Desktop in sync without effort.

It's the right sync method to use with CompanionLink when you have multiple devices. USB and Wi-Fi are both point-to-point protocols and don't work as well with multiple devices.

Hook
11-25-2015, 10:03 AM
Let me just add that, after a few months now, I couldn't live without DejaCloud sync. It really is amazing and seamless. Whichever of my 3 devices I update on, the changes are waiting for me on the other two pretty much instantly. This is a fantastic service and worth every penny.

Happy Thanksgiving, DJOCTO. CL and DJO are certainly one thing I have to be thankful for. :D