PDA

View Full Version : deja contacts do not sync with andriod contacts

jason tobias
05-10-2010, 10:34 PM
also once one sync has completed it will not sync again unless u uninstall dejaoffice and reinstall then sync. is there a one a day limit on the trail? does the trail not let deja contacts not sync with andriod contacts?

DJOCTO
05-11-2010, 08:40 AM
Jason, welcome to the Forum!

First; How many contacts do you have? Is it below 1500 or above?

Second: Select Options; Sync Settings. Be sure the box is checked for Sync with Android Contacts App and Sync with Android Calendar App.

Then Sync. All changes should go through. There are no one-day limits or trial mode at this time.

Please reply back if this doesn't clear the issue.

viajero9
06-10-2010, 03:51 PM
There appears to be a limit of ~1500 or ~2000 contacts on DejaOffice. Granted I probably should organize better but why is there such a limit? Also with large number of contacts it appears difficult to navigate and find contacts (no initial letters on the side to help "shortcut" to particular contacts)?

Thanks.

Eric
06-10-2010, 04:48 PM
DejaOffice can actually store tens of thousands of contacts, the problem is with syncing them to the Android native contact list. Because of the way the Android contact database is designed, the sync between DejaContacts and Android contacts is very slow, and so we recommend that you limit the number of contacts that you sync to the native contacts to around 1,500 or less. Our idea is to add all of the features you need from your contact list (dialer integration, etc.) to DejaContacts, so that you won't need or even want to sync your DejaContacts to the Android contacts. We add new features nearly every week, so we'll get there soon.

magnumopus
06-10-2010, 08:11 PM
I have the Evo. I've been using Outlook for over ten years. I'm a little disappointed to see the recommendation "limit the number of contacts to around 1500 or less". I have amassed 3,567 contacts. Any help anytime soon? A key closing factor in my decision to buy the Evo was in the "supposed" ability to sync my contacts from outlook to my Evo (not to mention the marketed GTD integration). Would I have still bought the phone? - sure - just AFTER a more mature solution had been introduced. All my contacts have synced - but I get a call in from a known source and it still shows up unknown.... HELP - QUICK!

Eric
06-11-2010, 09:13 AM
Check out the thread "DejaOffice for Android - General release schedule" in the "DejaOffice for Android" forum for the latest updates. We plan to add both caller ID and GTD integration.

debw
08-25-2010, 12:14 PM
I've tried resetting phone to factory setting, reinstalling dejaoffice and companionlink software .. deleting companionlink.db and all files labeled companionlink under documents and users settings/appdata and also under my programs .. but still missing lots of contacts in Android Contacts even though they show in Deja Contacts. Grrr.
Am NOT syncing with GMail Contacts or otherwise (I was earlier but deleted all Contacts and Groups and am now NOT Syncing.
I have all the right settings on both the phone (synce iwth Android Contacts) etc. But I still can't get it to work !!!
Signed
Very Frustrated

pgreene
08-25-2010, 01:36 PM
I have a new android and trying out deja office syncing with USB. When I add a new contact in either the phone or the computer, it does not show up on the other device after I sync. I have tried syncing both ways and also one way- none of them seem to work- any suggestions?
Calendar and tasks seem to update when I sync okay.

Romulas
09-06-2010, 04:51 PM
I have had similar things occur, issues with syncing. I had to reset my droidx to factory settings (due to an other issue), which then I had to install dejaoffice again. The native address book was empty but the dejaoffice contacts were there, however nothing synced and I believe this is automatic between dejaoffice and the native contacts. Then using companionlink I did a purge download from outlook and still nothing in the native contacts, not contacts and not catagories. I then went into each contact in dejaoffice and saved then, went back to the native contacts and there was the one that I had just edited, complete with catagory. This did not work with all catagories, some of them I had to create on the phone and fill in when the contacts finally showed up after editing in dejaoffice. I have only around 70 contacts so it wasnt too difficult doing it this way, however for those with lots of contacts I can see how this would suck.

The problems where seem to be between dejaoffice and the native contacts, the link between companionlink/outlook and dejaoffice works great.

One other thing, I noticed that in the calendar events you can specify a catagory, however I can not find anywhere in the calendar to display the events by catagory. You can display the contacts by catagory, but not with the calendar. Just wondering what is going on with that.

I personally would like to only use dejaoffice for all my needs so am hopeing that these things can be taken care of. Oh, will there be functionality in sending emails to a catagory list? In much the same way that you can with the native contacts if you put them in groups?.

Romulas

Irish2Ice
12-08-2010, 01:27 PM
using Samsung Fascinate:

I personally had to sync my native contacts with Google before Deja would see them and sync. I could NEVER get Deja to sync directly with native adroid contacts. Hate having my contacts "in the cloud"!

Also, another problem, I had about 20 contacts that absolutely would NOT sync. I THINK the correlation is if the contact doesn't have a phone# it will not sync w/ google.......no "google" contact, no deja sync. The second correlation is that any contacts entered directly into native software, as opposed to importing or Verizon sync, would not sync!!!

Lastly, not concerning contacts, but on Calender Timezones, if you enter a meeting say from 9am to 11am on the East coast, but your actual meeting is on the West coast then when you GET to the West coast your meeting is going to reflect East coast time!!!!!!!!! Meaning it will NOW show your meeting is 6:00am to 8:00am!!!!!!!!!......WTF

These were my experiences and if anyone can help, I would love to hear.

gfrezzo
01-07-2011, 04:02 PM
I might suggest that in a "WRITE ANDROID DATA" function & button be added to the deja office screen so the user can control when they want deja database(s) to update android database(s). The advantages of this would be:
1. eliminate the long read part of the sync process
2. eliminate the duplicate records in android database (you could still sync with google account without fear of duplicates also and/or overwrite duplicate that sync causes)
3. user can control when to update android database (run at night...maybe put scheduler on the write function!)

My two cents worth...TX for looking in to!!