PDA

View Full Version : attachments to contacts

timmora
06-30-2015, 06:42 PM
I have a couple of questions about contacts that I hope people can help me with.

1. In DO on my Galaxy Note 4 I see I can add attachments to individual contacts. This is a great feature. For pictures it creates an attachment folder in Gallery. What happens with other files like PDF's, word docs, Excel SS's etc? Is a folder created for them and the file copied to it or is it just a link to where the file is currently located?

2. When I sync to Outlook 2010 via wifi are those attachments synced to outlook and if so where in Outlook? It's not in the notes field for example. Or is it a non-synced field with Outlook 2010 because I can't locate it anywhere in the outlook contact?

3. Likewise how do I attach docs and images to outlook on the PC and get them synced across to DO on my phone? If I insert them into the Notes field they are not synced to DO.

4. Without syncing the only work around I see is to store such items in an attachments folder on something like dropbox and link to it twice. Once from outlook and once from DO.

Any help would be much appreciated.

DJOCTO
07-01-2015, 11:46 AM
Tinmora, welcome to the forums:

> 1. In DO on my Galaxy Note 4 I see I can add attachments to individual contacts.

- You can open files from the contact view screen by tapping on the file. All attachments are copied into the attachments folder, not referencing the original location after the copy.

> 2. When I sync to Outlook 2010 via wifi are those attachments synced to outlook and if so where in Outlook? It's not in the notes field for example. Or is it a non-synced field with Outlook 2010 because I can't locate it anywhere in the outlook contact?

- CL defaults attachment sync to Off, so the user you need to enable it in CL. Once enabled, you can perform a reread to sync the attachments over.

> 3. Likewise how do I attach docs and images to outlook on the PC and get them synced across to DO on my phone? If I insert them into the Notes field they are not synced to DO.

- Once CL has attachment sync turned on, they should go to the Note field in OL like normal.

> 4. Without syncing the only work around I see is to store such items in an attachments folder on something like dropbox and link to it twice. Once from outlook and once from DO.

- Once CL has attachment sync turned on, they should sync fine.