PDA

View Full Version : BUG: DejaOffice syncing when CompanionLink isn't...

tbessie
10-03-2015, 03:46 PM
Hey all...

Sometimes if I start a sync in CompanionLink 7 to DejaOffice on my Android phone, CompanionLink says it can't connect to the phone, and stops attempting to connect.

However, DejaOffice shows the sync icon, which stays on forever. If I try to start a sync with CompanionLink at that point, it says "DejaOffice error: Sync already running."

Things stay this way until I force exit DejaOffice.

Anyone know why this is happening? Why does DejaOffice think it's syncing when it's not, and never terminates?

- Tim

DJOCTO
10-04-2015, 10:23 AM
Tim, we've just done a major revision of DejaOffice Wi-Fi sync. It is supposed to be much better at handling Wi-Fi IP address changes.

I'll have the team suggest what may be going on. Build 7010 is good, and DJOA 3.1.16 should be good.

tbessie
10-04-2015, 09:35 PM
Tim, we've just done a major revision of DejaOffice Wi-Fi sync. It is supposed to be much better at handling Wi-Fi IP address changes.

I'll have the team suggest what may be going on. Build 7010 is good, and DJOA 3.1.16 should be good.

Thanks! Sorry if it seems like all I do is complain about Local WiFi sync - I hope you understand, when it's all your life kept in the PIM, you want everything to work perfectly, so I'm more curmudgeonly about this functionality than a lot of other things. :-)

- Tim

tbessie
10-21-2015, 11:57 PM
Just upgraded to CompanionLink Professional 7012. Same thing is happening. I initiated a sync on the phone (with CompanionLink open). Sync ended on Windows, phone still showed the "syncing" moving icon in the upper right hand corner. Further syncs initiated this way have "On your PC, start the synchronization" on the phone, but CompanionLink says that a sync is already in progress, so it fails.

After this, the syncing icon goes away. However, if I try to exit DejaOffice (clicking the "Exit" button), it says "DejaOffice is currently synchronizing".

So - DejaOffice is getting stuck in a state when it thinks it's synchronizing, but it's not.

One of your support people called me up the other day and gave me some suggestions (can't recall what they were - email works better for me :-) ); but nothing has stopped this from happening.

How can we debug it together?

- Tim

DJOCTO
10-22-2015, 08:12 AM
Tim, email support@dejaoffice.com . Normally Chris will respond to those. You can have him check with me, he works right across from me.

Are you synchronizing to native Calendar and Contacts? That is a 2nd step for sync. After the PC Sync is done, if you have it set, the onboard software goes to Native. The Native sync is -really slow- so it can take a long time. This should be in background, however.

tbessie
10-22-2015, 10:20 AM
Tim, email support@dejaoffice.com . Normally Chris will respond to those. You can have him check with me, he works right across from me.

Are you synchronizing to native Calendar and Contacts? That is a 2nd step for sync. After the PC Sync is done, if you have it set, the onboard software goes to Native. The Native sync is -really slow- so it can take a long time. This should be in background, however.

I'll email Chris - might not be for a couple of days, busy week. :-)

Native syncing to Contacts, but not Calendar; this happens even after nothing has been changed in the contacts. I think I"ve let it sit for 30 minutes and it still thinks it's syncing, but I'll check to be sure the next time that happens.

- Tim