PDA

View Full Version : outlook 2007 + blackberry + ipad

Corby
09-02-2010, 02:57 PM
hi there. I'm a heavy non-exchange outlook user. tasks and notes especially. have been using for years w bb and palm before that. remember handspring visor? ya baby lol. anyway, I'm EXTREMELY excited to get my iPad up to speed and am hoping CL will do the trick so, can CL keep outlook, bb AND DO on iPad all getting along? obviously, having three components complicates things. what would you suggest as a solution? should i use CL to sync bb and outlook or continue using bb desktop?

has any/ all of this been tried?

also would like to involve google for calendar and contacts in the cloud if possible, but that's not a deal breaker.

am using bb. bold 9700, outlook 2007 desktop and 64GB 3G wifi iPad.

more than willing to purchase CL if it will do the job? what do you say, CL support folks?

thanks!
corby

Kaena
09-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Hi Corby,

Short answer - Yes!

CompanionLink Professional will let you set up multiple sync profiles (one for OL to BB, one for OL to iPad). Whenever you have three components, we recommend configuring one of those devices for a one-way sync only to prevent duplicates. You have a variety of sync options for each device, visit www.companionlink.com/ipad and www.companionlink.com/blackberry to see your sync options for each.

Hope this helps, cheers!

Corby
09-03-2010, 09:04 AM
would it be better to use CL for the bb than just using bb desktop? if so, why? what are the advantages?

what sync method do you recommend? wifi wired or wireless?

UOTE=Kaena;1699]Hi Corby,

Short answer - Yes!

CompanionLink Professional will let you set up multiple sync profiles (one for OL to BB, one for OL to iPad). Whenever you have three components, we recommend configuring one of those devices for a one-way sync only to prevent duplicates. You have a variety of sync options for each device, visit www.companionlink.com/ipad and www.companionlink.com/blackberry to see your sync options for each.

Hope this helps, cheers![/QUOTE]

Corby
09-03-2010, 09:25 AM
setting one device to one way sync kind of defeats my purpose. I use all three heavily. is two way syncing all three an impossibility?

does wireless sync happen automatically or is each sync manually initiated?

thanks for your help on this!

Thomas
03-09-2011, 02:21 PM
setting one device to one way sync kind of defeats my purpose. I use all three heavily. is two way syncing all three an impossibility?

does wireless sync happen automatically or is each sync manually initiated?

thanks for your help on this!

Corby,

Great idea! We eventually intend to provide this. We are not there yet and it is a significant development project to get there. Long term we are on the same page though.