PDA

View Full Version : CompanionLink Pro build 7014 - bunch of errors when installing...

tbessie
02-17-2016, 09:46 PM
When I tried to install CompanionLink Pro build 7014 just now, it displayed some error about Adobe Acrobat, and some other errors about system files/libraries, I think... but then it said it completed.

I tried installing it again, and now instead of the big "INSTALL" button, it said "UPGRADE" instead. I was upgrading the first time, so why does it say "UPGRADE" only NOW?

Also, I found that the new build always keeps itself resident in memory with an icon on the system tray. There appears to be no option to turn this off. I don't want to have to exit via the file menu; there should be an option for CompanionLink to exit when I click the "Close" (X) button.

I'm wondering if this release wasn't fully vetted before being approved...

- Tim

McLion
02-18-2016, 03:05 AM
If it completed the install, of course it will tell you to upgrade - since the installer detects an installed version - instead of doing a full install on subsequent installs.
It always has been running on the system tray to be ready for you when you want to sync - there's no change from the earlier versions.
If you don't want it to start automatically remove the check mark at Run at Startup in the General Tab in it's Advanced settings.

HTH
McL

tbessie
02-18-2016, 10:07 AM
If it completed the install, of course it will tell you to upgrade - since the installer detects an installed version - instead of doing a full install on subsequent installs.
It always has been running on the system tray to be ready for you when you want to sync - there's no change from the earlier versions.
If you don't want it to start automatically remove the check mark at Run at Startup in the General Tab in it's Advanced settings.

HTH
McL

I think you misunderstood; I already had CompanionLink Pro 7 installed. It said "INSTALL" on the first install, regardless, and "UPGRADE" after. Is it keyed into if there is an existing installation, or if the installer version matches the installed version?

I never saw it running in the system tray before. When I clicked the "X" for close, no system tray icon remained. This only started with the current version.

"Run at startup" is already disabled. Yet the icon remains when I exit CompanionLink (tho' only if I exit with the "X" close button; if I exit from the menu, the icon goes away). Again, I believe you must have changed it so that closing via the "X" button doesn't kill the system tray icon.

- Tim