PDA

View Full Version : Palm Desktop for Windows Question (Not Device-Specific)

rjbinney
07-11-2016, 10:05 PM
Hey, sorry for posting in potentially the wrong forum... I don't know that there is a forum that is correct, but I figured if anyone had a good answer, it would be someone lurking here...

When I launch PD 6.2, it ALWAYS asks if I want to make it the default handler for vcal/vcar, and I ALWAYS say "Yes". And it ALWAYS asks again. How to fix, please? Figure there's a switch in regedit I've missed...

Running Win 10 on a Surface Pro 4.

Some history (if you care):
This first started happening when I got a new laptop for work in Novemmber - your standard Dell running Win 7/64. But there were so many weird policy restrictions on the machine, I didn't much care. But I just bought the SP4, which is running Win10, so...? I will say, I believe previous to my last laptop I was running PD 4.1 and moved to 6.2 simultaneous with the new work laptop in November.

Thanks!

rjbinney
07-18-2016, 03:19 PM
I went back to PD 4.1.4... Still having same issue.

Cecil
07-19-2016, 12:20 AM
Just a suggestion, have a look at this page:

http://www.cnet.com/uk/how-to/how-to-set-default-programs-in-windows-10/

Not sure if this will help but worth checking out.

rjbinney
07-19-2016, 02:11 AM
"Of course I've tried soapy water!!!"

When I follow the instructions, I am given only a few options to choose from to associate with VCARD or VCAL: Outlook, WIndows Contacts, or "Choose an App from the Store"... I can't force it to choose PD.

Weirdness.

Thanks for the link, still need some ideas.

rjb

rjbinney
10-17-2016, 09:21 PM
Bump.

Still haven't solved.

DJOCTO
11-09-2016, 08:50 AM
rjbinney,

I guess I never saw this.

Run PDT in Admin mode once. In Windows 7/8/10 you have to run in Admin mode if it is going to set registry keys.

rjbinney
11-09-2016, 02:03 PM
OK, wow, yeah. And now it shows up in the "Default App" panel.

Weird. Thanks.