PDA

View Full Version : Database Backup

Romek
01-02-2017, 07:09 PM
I'm having some problems with synchronisation with Outlook. Before I procede any further I would like to copy the database (either the one online, or the one in my device).
Can someone advice please how to make a backup copy of my DejaOffice database?
Cheers.
Romek from New Zealand

DJOCTO
01-03-2017, 07:01 AM
Romek welcome to the forum.

https://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/How_to_back_up_your_DejaOffice_for_Android_databas e

There is a large knowledgbase on CompanionLink support. So it is worthwhile searching there or Google (the database is indexed with Google).

Wayland

Romek
01-08-2017, 07:18 PM
That was easy. Thank you. Roman

marjoryb98
01-09-2017, 06:35 AM
Thanks - I hadn't thought of doing that :(

It seemed easier for me to just copy the whole clusb folder to my computer, where I have a folder for various backups. If I need it later, I can just restore the necessary file(s). How about a couple of other files - would these possibly need to be restored in addition to companionlink.db?
alarms.db
alarms.db-journal
companionlink.db-journal

DJOCTO
01-20-2017, 08:51 AM
Marjory,

Those particular files are not needed to be moved.

If you use Database Encryption, then the next 20 alarms are stored in plain text in alarms.db. This is for the notification system. That file is re-created whenever you make a new alarm. The journal files are just some tracking info.

dezza
02-07-2017, 03:53 AM
Hello to everyone, I have had a problem with my phone and cannot now find my deja office data, anyone tell me the name so I can look in phone memory or sd card. I know I do not have a backup, my bad.

Dezza

dezza
02-07-2017, 03:54 AM
Hello to everyone, I have had a problem with my phone and cannot now find my deja office data, anyone tell me the name so I can look in phone memory or sd card. I know I do not have a backup, my bad.

Dezza

Cecil
02-07-2017, 10:30 AM
Hi Dezza

Look for a folder called CLUSB. All of Dejaoffice files are in this folder.

Hope this helps.

Cecil