PDA

View Full Version : Galaxy Note 8 phone locks up DJO

comptuter
09-18-2017, 08:38 AM
Got a Note 8 phone and setup DJO Sat, worked ok until Sun eve, when i try to modify a calendar event or task, memo it freezes. Shut down and restarted no change. Uninstalled DJO and re-installed no change. Phone says DJO is unstable. Sent a crash report to DJO.

DJO works fine on Tablet and Note 3 phone.

Thanks for any help.

DJOCTO
09-18-2017, 08:46 AM
I have one on order also, but it didn't arrive Friday. I assume it will come today. We'll post an update as soon as we can.

comptuter
09-18-2017, 08:49 AM
okey dokey

DJOCTO
09-18-2017, 10:34 AM
Android crashes are reported to us via the automated system.

I had my programmer look at reported crashes. I'm not sure how long it takes for the automated system to work. It may be that your crashes from Saturday are not yet in our feed. But if they are, they are fixed now.

Install from here on your Galaxy Note 8 Phone and see if it works better:

http://www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp/inhouse/DejaOffice.apk

comptuter
09-18-2017, 05:51 PM
Android crashes are reported to us via the automated system.

I had my programmer look at reported crashes. I'm not sure how long it takes for the automated system to work. It may be that your crashes from Saturday are not yet in our feed. But if they are, they are fixed now.

Install from here on your Galaxy Note 8 Phone and see if it works better:

http://www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp/inhouse/DejaOffice.apk

Doing it now, will let you know

comptuter
09-18-2017, 06:08 PM
Doing it now, will let you know

No change, after I make a change it tries to sync ( I think) and it hangs or takes a really really long time to sync.

comptuter
09-19-2017, 06:52 AM
This morning all I get is a black screen on DJO, reinstalled pal, no change. Uninstall DJO and reinstalled from app catalog. Back in limited mode. Can view items but not modify.

DJOCTO
09-19-2017, 09:02 AM
Ok. Thanks. We'll check again...

comptuter
09-19-2017, 12:14 PM
I have been using DJO as Normal for the past two hours. Didn't do anything special. Will keep you advised.

DJOCTO
09-19-2017, 02:18 PM
Really? That's great news. I'm so mad that my Note 8 has not arrived...

comptuter
09-19-2017, 04:12 PM
You'll love the Note 8, they had to take my Note 7 from my cold dead hands.

comptuter
09-20-2017, 07:06 AM
Intermittent lock ups today?

DJOCTO
09-20-2017, 11:09 AM
They found my order, they lost it. Grrr. Had to place a new order. I should have one tomorrow.

> Intermittent lock ups today?

Is that a statement? I'll read it as, you are still getting lockups sometimes.

comptuter
09-20-2017, 11:22 AM
They found my order, they lost it. Grrr. Had to place a new order. I should have one tomorrow.

> Intermittent lock ups today?

Is that a statement? I'll read it as, you are still getting lockups sometimes.

Yeah. Now if I wait a few minutes or close DJO and wait it appears to open with any modifications previously made.

DJOCTO
09-21-2017, 01:47 PM
Ok. We have a Note 8 now. Everything looks like it is working fine.

What sync method are you using? Is it Wi-Fi Sync? That's the only thing I can think of now...

comptuter
09-21-2017, 01:56 PM
Wifi sync is being used

DJOCTO
09-22-2017, 07:39 AM
Ok. So it's probably something with Wi-Fi. That explains why it is working sometimes and not other. Probably to do with signal strength or something like that. We'll set our unit to Wi-Fi and see what we can see. The developer is on vacay today so the soonest we would have an update would be Monday.

comptuter
09-22-2017, 01:21 PM
Ok. So it's probably something with Wi-Fi. That explains why it is working sometimes and not other. Probably to do with signal strength or something like that. We'll set our unit to Wi-Fi and see what we can see. The developer is on vacay today so the soonest we would have an update would be Monday.

is DJO always trying to sync? What happens to DJO if there is no wifi? I still travel in the same areas I was with the other phones? Never had the problem before so I am trying to find a common denominator. Other programs e-mail, google etc behave as normal.

Today started out with lots of problems so I uninstalled and re-installed this morning and so far seems fine! (DUH!). Thanks for your on-going efforts.

Sean
09-22-2017, 03:36 PM
We're looking into the issue you reported with the Note 8.

Thus far DejaOffice appears to be working as expected. Syncing with Wifi, both in and out of range, and modifying records does not appear to reproduce the issue.

comptuter
09-22-2017, 06:30 PM
Ok, thanks

lea002
09-28-2017, 08:23 AM
I am having a similar problem with my NOTE8. It syncs intermittently and sometimes doubles up on calendar entries. I previously had an EDGE7 and before that a NOTE7. No problems on those two devices. Today, I have re-installed CompanionLink on my PC (clo70setup) and I have removed CompanionLink from the startup list (Windows10). No luck. Just would like to get back where I was before NOTE8.

DJOCTO
09-29-2017, 07:12 AM
lea002 welcome to the forum.

We're not aware of any differences with Note 8, and I'm using one now without any issues. Please contact technical support and let's see what's different about your setup. The best way to contact this week is to email support@dejaoffice.com - and ask for a callback. Chris is there from 7am-11am Pacific Time.