PDA

View Full Version : sync native ipad calendar to DejaOffice

mwgpollard
09-22-2010, 07:25 AM
DejaOffice iPhone syncs with the default iPhone Calendar but I don't see a similar ability with my iPad.

- Do I need to purchase something additionally?

- It not, how do I set this up as there is no option that I can see

- Does DejaOffice sync entries made on the iPhone and iPad wifi?

Kaena
09-22-2010, 08:16 AM
Hi mwgpollard,

Native calendar sync is a iOS4-only feature. Apple should be releasing iOS4 to the iPad later this fall.

humgums
02-17-2011, 01:54 PM
DejaOffice no longer syncs with the native iphone calendar on my Verizon iPhone. It worked the first time, but no longer.

Thomas
02-17-2011, 02:19 PM
DejaOffice no longer syncs with the native iphone calendar on my Verizon iPhone. It worked the first time, but no longer.

Hi Humgums,
For the Read iPhone Calendar button to work you have to make sure the Native iPhone Calendar app is not running in the background.

There is a great article on Apple's support website explaining exactly how to use Multitasking and how to shut down apps running in the background.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4211
Just make sure Calendar is not running in the background and that should fix the problem.
I also suggest closing DejaOffice before using the Calndar Sync function. Sometimes the data doesn't refresh without closing the app down.

These are known issues that we are working on fixes for.

Let us know if it is still a problem.

humgums
02-17-2011, 02:52 PM
I just tried that but still no joy.... in fact, I shut the phone down and re-started it and it still won't read the native calendar.

Thomas
02-17-2011, 04:15 PM
One more thing to try.
Use the Read iPhone Calendar button in DejaOffice.
Then open DejaCalendar and check the list view specifically for the event you created in Native iphone.
Let us know if you see it in List view.

humgums
02-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Nope. Curiously, none of the events which are actually in DejaCalendar are seen in the list view except for birthdays and about a jillion repetitions of "Sunday, Dec 31, 2000" with no actual event descriptor.

humgums
02-17-2011, 04:44 PM
Couldn't find it in list view. Curiously, none of the events which are actually in DejaCalendar are in list view except for birthdays and endless repetition of the date Sunday Dec 31, 2000 showing an event that starts and ends at 4:00pm but no other details.

Thomas
02-18-2011, 07:56 AM
Couldn't find it in list view. Curiously, none of the events which are actually in DejaCalendar are in list view except for birthdays and endless repetition of the date Sunday Dec 31, 2000 showing an event that starts and ends at 4:00pm but no other details.

Very curious. Are you syncing with CompanionLink Desktop software, or do you use DejaOffice as a standalone application?

humgums
02-18-2011, 04:27 PM
I am syncing with companion sync desktop software (to palm desktop), and it isn't syncing at all, although it worked like a champ the very first time. I am working with tech support on that issue, but I suspect that the many iterations of the weird bogus event (not entered and not in palm desktop) has a lot to do with both problems. I think my next step may be to delete and reinstall dejaoffice on the iphone.

Thomas
02-18-2011, 04:43 PM
I am syncing with companion sync desktop software (to palm desktop), and it isn't syncing at all, although it worked like a champ the very first time. I am working with tech support on that issue, but I suspect that the many iterations of the weird bogus event (not entered and not in palm desktop) has a lot to do with both problems. I think my next step may be to delete and reinstall dejaoffice on the iphone.

The dev department is working on isolating why this occurs. I will keep you posted on the progress.

humgums
02-18-2011, 05:21 PM
OK, even more weird:

I deleted and reinstalled dejaoffice. I killed the native calendar process per your instructions and then synced dejaoffice with the native calendar. The many iterations of the same weird Dec. 31, 2000 event showed up on the list view of dejacal again! I did not attempt to sync to the palm desktop via companion link.

The bogus event does not show up in any view (list or otherwise) in the native iphone calendar.

humgums
02-18-2011, 06:01 PM
OK, here's the deal:

I deleted and reinstalled dejaoffice on the iphone. I then tried to sync the dejaoffice calendar with the native iphone calendar (I stopped the iphone calendar process before doing this). I got the endless list of bogus 12/31/2000 events as before, and had to abort the subsequent attempt to sync to palm desktop. :(

I then deleted and reinstalled dejaoffice again. Without trying the in-phone calendar sync, I synced it to my palm desktop without any problem. The glitch seems to arise when trying to sync the native iphone calendar with dejacal, which is really too bad because I like the native interface better than ical's.

So the question now is how can I sync the native iphone calendar with dejacal without getting the hundreds of bogus events in the ical list view (which seems to freeze everything else up - even switching from one calendar view to another in ical was going very slowly).

Thomas
02-21-2011, 08:16 AM
OK, here's the deal:

I deleted and reinstalled dejaoffice on the iphone. I then tried to sync the dejaoffice calendar with the native iphone calendar (I stopped the iphone calendar process before doing this). I got the endless list of bogus 12/31/2000 events as before, and had to abort the subsequent attempt to sync to palm desktop. :(

I then deleted and reinstalled dejaoffice again. Without trying the in-phone calendar sync, I synced it to my palm desktop without any problem. The glitch seems to arise when trying to sync the native iphone calendar with dejacal, which is really too bad because I like the native interface better than ical's.

So the question now is how can I sync the native iphone calendar with dejacal without getting the hundreds of bogus events in the ical list view (which seems to freeze everything else up - even switching from one calendar view to another in ical was going very slowly).

We have isolated the issue you are experiencing. The reason the 12/31/2000events showed back up is they are probably in CompanionLink. They were generated in DJO but if you synced your device recentely they may have gotten transferred to your PC Desktop.
One way these events get generated is when an event is edited in Native iPhone Calendar and then the Read iPhone Calendar function is used in DejaOffice.

We are working on a fix for this. We will get this fixed so you don't have to worry about this problem anyone.
In the mean time I would delete all the 12/31/2000 events on the PC desktop/PalmDesktop and then do a Purge and Reload from CompanionLink to the iPhone.

humgums
02-22-2011, 09:10 AM
I've checked and the 12/31/2000 events do not appear to be on the PC. I don't think they were ever there.

But things are under control now. Thanks.

Thomas
02-22-2011, 03:33 PM
I've checked and the 12/31/2000 events do not appear to be on the PC. I don't think they were ever there.

But things are under control now. Thanks.

OK Great!
We will be addressing this issue soon.

humgums
03-16-2011, 02:30 PM
Has the issue been fixed yet?

Thomas
03-17-2011, 10:27 AM
Has the issue been fixed yet?

Hi Humgums,

We are still working on this. The next DejaOffice build should have the Setup Wizard that Android already has. That is a pretty big undertaking, one we have repeatedly delayed working on bug fixes. So I do not expect this to be fixed in the next release, but shortly after that.

humgums
03-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Do you have any idea of the version number for that release? 1.2.x or 2.0.x ? Or something else?

Thomas
03-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Do you have any idea of the version number for that release? 1.2.x or 2.0.x ? Or something else?

The latest version of DejaOffice for iPhone is 1.1.8.
When you say "that release" are you asking about the Calendar issue or the Setup Wizard?
The setup Wizard should be released sometime this week although I can't say exactly when right now. The submission process with Apple takes time.

The Calendar fix is some time in the furure and we will inform you when the issue has been resolved.
I have no idea what version number that future fix will be included in and it would be irresponsible to say even if I thought knew. :)

humgums
03-23-2011, 08:58 AM
I guess I'll just check updates in the app store and get it when it comes out.

humgums
05-17-2011, 09:47 AM
What's the status on the "sync with native iphone calendar" bug fix?

Thomas
05-17-2011, 10:11 AM
What's the status on the "sync with native iphone calendar" bug fix?

Hello Humgums,
We are working very hard on this issue and still have no specific time frame for a resolution yet. This is a primary priority for us to resolve. We apologize for any inconvenience that any may be experiencing with this issue.

humgums
05-26-2011, 08:51 AM
I noticed a new update to DejaOffice. Does this new release fix the "sync with native iPhone calendar" problem?

Thomas
05-26-2011, 09:59 AM
I noticed a new update to DejaOffice. Does this new release fix the "sync with native iPhone calendar" problem?

Hello humgums,

No this is not fixed. We added a separate Contacts Database for DejaOffice, only to discover that if you have a contact in the iPhone Contacts app entered from Google Maps on the phone that the custom labels created by Google cause DejaOffice to crash. We submitted fix to Apple last night. I would suggest waiting for 1.2.2 before downloading the new DejaOffice.

humgums
06-29-2011, 10:40 AM
How are you doing with resolving the issues related to syncing with the native iphone calendar?

Thomas
06-29-2011, 10:44 AM
How are you doing with resolving the issues related to syncing with the native iphone calendar?

Hello Humgums,

We begin an entire rewrite of the calendar app after 1.2.4.