PDA

View Full Version : DejaContacts Category

PhW
09-29-2010, 01:55 AM
I use Act! 6, DejaOffice 1.1.2 and CompanionLink Pro Build 4017 with my iPhone 4. Since the updates, the categories are not sync correctly (categories are there but the contacts are not attributed to the category). I purge and reloaded the contacts but it is still not correct.

DJOCTO
09-29-2010, 01:02 PM
Are you going via Outlook? Outlook/iTunes sync does not support Category Sync.

We recommend Wi-Fi sync which is CompanionLink to DejaOffice Directly. This will avoid a dependence on Microsoft and Apple sync in the process.

PhW
09-30-2010, 01:43 AM
as mentionned I use CompanionLink Pro Build 4017 with Wi-Fi sync. It used to work correctly but since the updates this is not the case any more. In DejaContacts if I sort by last name, it is only sorted by the first letter. As of the second letter the sort is random. Sort by First name is OK. Strange, is it ?

DJOCTO
09-30-2010, 06:58 PM
PhW, I regret the problems with our 1.1.2 release.

I have noted the issues were already identified by my team. The next release will resolve them.

PhW
09-30-2010, 10:30 PM
What about the user's fields which still don't sync ? When will you issue the next release ?

DJOCTO
10-03-2010, 08:35 AM
Sadly, all my huffing and puffing can't get user fields into our 1.1.3 release. My team tells me there is too much risk to add this into the Contact function at this time. It will definitely be in 1.1.4. User fields are a very high priority. I have a relatively new team that is managing quite a bit of code functionality and it was my oversight that they lost the User Fields at the time we made the View and Edit modes iPad compatible.