PDA

View Full Version : Froyo - Android 2.2

DJOCTO
05-23-2010, 06:30 PM
I have Froyo on my phone! It happened yesterday.

I used an Online resource to update using an "Update.Zip" file. I was pleased to find that it didn't perform a full reset, and that all my data was preserved during the update. That means call logs, SMS logs, bookmarks and other personal data all survived the update. Go Android!

I was equally pleased to see that DejaOffice appears to be fully functional. I went through the applications, used the dialer and other functions.

If anyone sees anything that needs attention, please report it. At the moment it appears that Froyo (and perhaps future updates) will not stomp on existing Android Apps like DejaOffice.

drea13
06-29-2010, 10:13 AM
I have one small glitch while everything seems to be working fine. My native contacts list seems to only hold 120 names????

If I use text message I can search for any of the 1700 contacts and dejacontacts has all 1700. Also if someone calls or text the phone recognizes the name but if i try to use the native contacts list to make call out it doesnt work. Help!

Thank you

Eric
06-29-2010, 10:33 AM
Sounds like they are there, if you can search for them. Maybe it's just your display settings? From your Android contact list, press your menu button, then "Display options", and you could uncheck "Only contacts with phones", and also you could tap your account in the list below and make sure that you have all your groups checked.

drea13
06-29-2010, 12:59 PM
Close Eric. It took me a few days but I finally found it under the display options tab under the contacts tab when I installed the new roms somehow display other contacts was switched off so they were being hidden on the native android list

thanks