PDA

View Full Version : iPad to droid 2

Atlasot
10-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Can I sync from the iPad to the droid? If so, what companion software do I need?

DJOCTO
10-12-2010, 05:13 PM
For both iPad and Droid 2, the sync system is PC Based. So the best system is to Synchronize iPad to a PC, and then PC to Droid 2. You can use Palm Desktop on the PC if you aren't tied to Outlook.

I was just mentioning to folks today that this new era of tablets mean that it will be common for people to own a phone and a tablet using two different technologies. I pointed out that they might want to sync in a serial fashion; PC to Phone, then Phone to Tablet. This was a discussion topic.

What works today, however, is for PC to Phone, and PC to Tablet. This is the state of the product as it stands today.

erintom
12-05-2011, 06:34 PM
I downloaded the iPad app but when I went to set up I could only "choose" PC. I would like to sync the iPad to my Samsung Galaxy S2. I also use Outlook on my PC and have a gmail account. Can I get all of these to talk to each other? I have not had success with my trial app of CompanionLink.

Thomas
12-06-2011, 08:15 AM
I downloaded the iPad app but when I went to set up I could only "choose" PC. I would like to sync the iPad to my Samsung Galaxy S2. I also use Outlook on my PC and have a gmail account. Can I get all of these to talk to each other? I have not had success with my trial app of CompanionLink.

Erintom,

DejaOffice does not support syncing directly with another handheld device.
However - CompanionLink Pro on the PC Desktop allows you to create multiple Sync profiles.
This would allow you to Sync Pc to iPad and PC to your Android Device.

elysepatrice
03-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Will DJO ever support syncing directly from one device to another? I was just wishing for that capability today, beween my iPad and Android phone. It would be so much quicker and more convenient!

Thomas
03-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Will DJO ever support syncing directly from one device to another? I was just wishing for that capability today, beween my iPad and Android phone. It would be so much quicker and more convenient!

elysepatrice,

Nothing like that is being worked on at the moment. That is the extent of my knowledge on the subject.