PDA

View Full Version : Calendar Alarm Functionality and Decoupling of Native iPhone Calendar

Ted5612
10-18-2010, 11:58 AM
There doesn't seem to be a way to have a calendar event alarm work within DejaOffice v 1.1.3 on the iPhone. Calendar event alarms seem to be controlled by the native iPhone calendar application, and with the previous version of 1.1.2 I was able to enter alarm notifications within DejaOffice, and that would be passed along to the linked native iPhone calendar, which would then activate any desired alarm notifications. (I have, up to this point, used CompanionLink Express exclusively for managing the syncing of Outlook to the iPhone.) Now, with the new release of DejaOffice v1.1.3, the synchronization between my PC and iPhone goes whacky about every fourth sync (i.e., after successful syncing for about three or four times, the DejaOffice screen blanks out and returns to the main iPhone screen, at which point CompanionLink offers to delete all of my Outlook data!). After MANY hours of trial-and-error testing, I was able to determine the linked calendars were the cause of the problem. Once I decoupled the native iPhone calendar database from the DejaOffice calendar database, everything synced up fine between my PC and iPhone. But, of course, now I don't have any alarm functionality!

Am I missing something here? During my testing, when I tried to link the two calendars by using the DejaOffice function (Settings/Sync/"Sync with iPhone Calendar App"), the native iPhone calendar database did its own "Purge and Reload" over the DejaOffice calendar database. And then, any new entries made in DejaOffice would not transfer over to the native iPhone calendar database (which is why I ended up just decoupling them, so I could have some peace of mind).

Is this a known issue, and if so, when is it slated to be fixed? I'd prefer not having to take a step backwards (i.e., having to sync my iPhone via a USB cable and going through the iTunes synchronization process for the Outlook calendar records), but the alarm functionality is an important one to me!

Ralphrjs
10-28-2010, 01:57 PM
I have the same issue with an iPhone and ACT database. I also do not sync with the iPhone calendar because a sync problems of duplicate contacts. Would love for this to be fixed.

scholzj
11-28-2010, 09:58 AM
I'm testing CompanionLink 4.0 (Build 4025) within the trial period. So I installed DejaOffice v1.1.3 with iTunes 10.1.0.56. I would like to replicate my Lotus Notes Calendar 8.0.2 with my iPhone iOS 4.2.1 via WIFI Sync.
The replication went well. But all the alarm functionalities are not working and I found at least one meeting, which was occured on the wrong day. I would like to use the iPhone calender already installed.
Is it possible, to use companion link to direct replicate Lotus Notes Calendar to the iPhone Calender directly? I looking forward to hear from you. Best Joerg from Germany.

DJOCTO
11-29-2010, 06:33 AM
Lotus Notes Calendar has recurring types that can't be shown on the iPhone Calendar. So it is best not to link them. You should not use iTunes because Apple software can't handle the additional recurring types from Lotus Notes. CompanionLink Wi-Fi sync can handle it.

In version DejaOffice 1.1.3 Alarms are not working. This was an oversight from the development team. Alarms will be fixed in 1.1.4.

In 1.1.4 you will have your exact Lotus Notes calendar, and also alarms.