PDA

View Full Version : Employee time scheduler

Pengoboy
05-26-2010, 12:21 PM
Hey guys. Ok so i guess there should be a little setup here, as I use Deja office for something it wasn't really meant for, that being as a store management device. It's a small surf shop, on an island. Where one owner has everything in her head and this is my attempt to get it all digital and out of her head and into an iPad that can be used by the shift managers.

I don't ask for much but have been looking for that all in one app that could manage it all as opposed to separate apps. To help reduce the cognitive load and all. These store managers are young kids after all so have to make it easy. Your feature set has almost e erything so far, but it would be great if there was a simple way to schedule employee shifts or timetables.

I guess in theory one could just use the calendar, but that would clutter it up a lot. And our schedule wouldn't change much so it really is just a weekly view.

Anyways, just a thought. Not sure if you guys thought much about marketing to store management but it's been working great so far.

DJOCTO
05-26-2010, 10:34 PM
Pengoboy welcome to our forum!

Check out doing categories. Make a different category for each employee name. Blue is for Bob, Pink is for Sue, or reverse it if you want...

Then you can choose to see just Bob's schedule, or just Sue's schedule, or both together. See how that works.

Try it out with a few entries. If you set it all up in Outlook, you can quickly do everyone's schedule on the PC, and then also the each have it for their phone. The colors will work really well. What concerns me is the overlapping configuration; i.e. if 2 or 3 people are scheduled for 7-4, 8-5, 9-9 how does it look.