PDA

View Full Version : USB debugging?

kvedt
05-27-2010, 08:29 PM
Does it matter if USB debugging is enabled or disabled? I have it enabled, but cannot remember if that matters to DejaOffice or to CL-USBEx. I tried searching the forum, but didn't turn up anything. If your apps require debugging to be disabled, that might account for the odd problems I've been experiencing.

Using the Verizon htc incredible, 2.1 (updated) and Win 7 64 bit; Office 2007.

Thanks,

Peter:confused:

kvedt
05-27-2010, 08:50 PM
A little more weirdness: I used Syncr an hour ago to try to sync iTunes again. It worked fine, and it's all I attempted to do. I did not run CLUSB sync/DejaOffice sync. When I unmounted the phone's drives on the PC, they came off without a problem, but shortly thereafter DejaOffice started updating my calendar, etc. After a while, the phone turned the touch screen off and locked itself. I opend the screen back up and the updating stopped, displaying the message Last Sync Failed. I checked the calendar and saw that old stuff was still in it. Returned back to the home screen and pressed DejaCalendar again, same result except when I returned out, it started updating again. This time I kept the screen active and got the Sync Complete message. THEN, after I let the phone's touch screen go dark again, as soon as I opened back up, the updating started all over again. I cancelled it, and it appears that no data actually changed and it hasn't done it again.

My head is really spinning.

Peter

Eric
05-28-2010, 10:57 AM
Peter, USB debugging needs to be disabled in order for DejaOffice/CompanionLink to work properly. On your Incredible, go to Settings > Applications > Development to turn it off. Try that and see if it helps!

Jim Brown
08-01-2010, 11:21 AM
Does USB debugging need to be disabled on the Moto Droid in order to sync properly. I use USB debugging mode for PDA Net connection. I can enable/disable between using the two apps... but would be nice not to have to disable it.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

Ben
08-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Jim - In general we recommend disabling USB debugging, because it can interfere with device mounting and access to the SD card (which DejaOffice uses) on some devices. That being said, I just checked with a Moto Droid specifically and it does seem to work ok with USB debugging enabled.

Jim Brown
08-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Ben - Thanks for the post. I have actually been syncing my Droid with USB Debugging enabled and PDA Net connected. It does not seem to interfere with the syncing of DejaOffice or my internet connection. Great work!!!

Looking forward to the next Beta... running 1.6.0 now.

Jim