PDA

View Full Version : A Few Suggestions

RDA
06-01-2010, 01:16 AM
I'm a new user of DJO on an HTC Desire running Android 2.1 together with CompanionLink which I'm evaluating before purchase.

I am impressed by the functionality of the product and would like to make a few constructive comments :

When viewing memos, could the display font be selectable
In the Contacts index screen, it would be useful to change the fields being displayed
The contact name does not show when an incoming call or message is received

Keep up the good work with a quality solution !

DJOCTO
06-01-2010, 08:00 AM
RDA, welcome to the forums

For Memos, I assume you mean the view screen. Sure. We'll put a setting there for Delightful, Business and Micro.

For Contacts - what fields would you like displayed?

For the incoming calls, we are still working on strategies to replace the Dial application in Android. Or, hopefully, they will make an open API so we can better align with it. Look for a full solution in this regard in about 60 days.

Thanks for the suggestions.

RDA
06-01-2010, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the prompt and constructive response.

It would be very helpful to offer those fonts when viewing memos.

In the contacts index, it would be good to be able to select one of the standard fonts and to choose whether to display the phone number and email address. That would allow the user to pick a larger font which doesn't truncate the contact name. I hope I made that clear ...

I understand the dilemna with Dial application. I guess we forget how open Android is when compared with some other platforms. I shall be patient for the moment and look forward to the full solution.

Kaena
06-03-2010, 09:31 AM
I just wanted to add that DejaOffice now gives you the option to copy the DejaOffice address book over to the native Android contacts database. This allows to the Android dialer to still see your contacts for incoming calls and texts, but you can still use DejaOffice to manage contacts and make outgoing calls.

RDA
06-03-2010, 09:39 AM
That's good to know. Can you outline the procedure for copying the DJO address book to the Android contacts database ?

I was considering using reverting to HTC Sync to manage my contacts and DJO for agenda, task and memo functions until the tighter Dial integration was released in DJO.

Eric
06-03-2010, 12:39 PM
RDA, to copy the DejaOffice address book to the Android contacts, in DJO go to Settings>Sync Settings, and then make sure to check the first option (for "Sync with Android Contacts App"). Also make sure that the third option is unchecked (the "Sync selected categories" option, unless you want to restrict the contacts that sync over based on their category). Then, from the DJO main screen, tap "Read Android Data" to start the sync between your DJO address book and your Android contacts. This sync can take quite a bit of time if you have a large number of contacts (we recommend that you don't sync more than 1,500 contacts this way).

RDA
06-04-2010, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the advice. I foud that checking the 'Sync selected categories' option prevented any contacts from being copied across. When I unchecked that option, everything went across fine.

I'll run DJO like that from now on until the tighter integration with Dial becomes available.