PDA

View Full Version : Streamline Calendar Entries

PINETREE01
11-29-2010, 11:29 AM
The iPhone lacks a few features that my older MS Mobile phone had that I feel should have been one of the easiest things to add. On the MS Mobile phone and in Outlook you can select and copy an appointment and then place the copy on another date. Here is an example of why this is helpful. You are checking out of your doctor's office after an appointment. He wants to see you again in 3 weeks. At the checkout desk you check your calendar and select a date and time. You ask for the appointment card. Now you have to stop somewhere, a chair or in your car, to type in the appointment. If you had been able to Copy and Paste and then edit the time or other info you would have saved a lot of time. If you were able to Copy and Paste but not immediately able to edit the new appointment, you have the card and even if you lose the card you have the date and you can call the doctor's office for the time.

Please create a way to Copy and Paste calendar entries. This is not the same thing as recurring appointments. These appointments are not set at fixed intervals.

DJOCTO
11-29-2010, 12:00 PM
It's a good idea to be able to duplicate a current event, and also to "follow up". In both cases, the category, link field, location all stay set, and what changes is the date. I'll be sure to underscore this with the developers.

laurentdjo
11-30-2010, 02:30 AM
Yes, I agree, a copy appointments feature would be a real plus !
http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/showthread.php?408-Copy-appointments

BruceW
02-09-2011, 07:38 AM
Did anything happen about this? I've been looking for this feature for some time and despite several similar threads there seems to be no proper answer. I spent nearly two hours putting in 14 events that were identical except for time and date, with copy it could have been done in minutes.

Thomas
02-15-2011, 09:11 AM
Did anything happen about this? I've been looking for this feature for some time and despite several similar threads there seems to be no proper answer. I spent nearly two hours putting in 14 events that were identical except for time and date, with copy it could have been done in minutes.

Hi Bruce,

This feature has a lot of support on the forums and is a good idea. I have passed it along to the Dev team for consideration.
I will keep you all posted.

Thanks,

Thomas

Miguel
04-13-2011, 09:46 AM
Hi Thomas, copying a calendar entry is a feature that would really come in handy. Any news on this? It's been a while...

Thanks,

Miguel

Thomas
05-19-2011, 02:32 PM
Hi Thomas, copying a calendar entry is a feature that would really come in handy. Any news on this? It's been a while...

Thanks,

Miguel

Hi Miguel,

We are working on the next release of DejaOffice right now. Copy Calendar event will not be included in this rev. I do have it on my good ideas list and will keep you posted we can impliment this.

Miguel
08-03-2011, 10:38 AM
Hello Thomas,

Any news on when to implement duplicating a whole calendar entry?

Thanks,

Miguel

Thomas
08-03-2011, 10:46 AM
Hello Thomas,

Any news on when to implement duplicating a whole calendar entry?

Thanks,

Miguel

Hi Miguel,

We are currently working on a complete overwrite of the Calendar App. I don't have list of features for that yet but Alpha versions are in testing.

molo1227
08-18-2011, 06:51 PM
This is one of the ideas I just posted on a new thread titled: "Suggestions". If I knew it was posted already, I wouldn't have made a new thread about it. I'm looking forward to the new calendar app that can copy and paste events. Thanks!