PDA

View Full Version : Duplicates

rmurray
06-05-2010, 10:55 AM
I have somehow managed to duplicate every appointment in my calendar. i tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it, but got the same result. i would rather not have to delete all 200 entreies one by one. Is there a way to truly wipe out the data and start from scratch?

DJOCTO
06-05-2010, 08:52 PM
First, turn Google Sync Off. If you sync both from PC and also Google, it can cause this type of problem.

Second, make sure Outlook on the PC is "Clean". If there are duplicates there, in Outlook, select "View-By", "Category" which creates a column mode. Right click on the column headers to add a column for "Created" (Create date). Sort by Created. Any Sync dupes will share the same time.

Make a new folder called "archive". Move dupes to Archive. This is better than deleting, in case you want them back.

So with Outlook nice and clean, in CompanionLink, select "Options", "Purge and Reload All". Alternatively in the setup tabs you can opt to Purge and Reload only the Calendar. This will delete all past sync records, and send a fresh set to the phone.

I hope this information helps!