PDA

View Full Version : DejaTasks - Task alarms for Android?

jeromelw
06-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Hello. I'm a new android user (HTC EVO 4G) coming over from a WinMo 6.5 phone. I was very glad to find your software because I'm an Outlook user who uses pretty much all of the features in Outlook and needed a USB sync solution to keep me going. I'm currently using your software during the trial period and so far I am very impressed. My question is about task alarms for DejaTasks. All of my task information seems to be in DejaTasks (including the alarm times), but when an alarm time is reached I don't get hear an audible alarm or receive any sort of notification on my EVO. I believe that one of the sticky posts at the top of this forum says that task reminders were implemented in the 5/20 time range so I'm guessing that I don't have my phone configured properly to receive these notifications. Can someone point me in the right direction to get this feature to work properly? Thanks!

DJOCTO
06-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Jerome, welcome to the Forum.

I've posted your question to Eric my tech, and he'll answer early in the week.

In general, Android Notifications are pretty arcane. Please check both our Calendar Settings, Task Settings and also the Android Settings to be sure you have both a Tone and/or Vibrate for your notifications. My recollections when my Nexus One was new was that it took me a week to find the setting that finally made tones.

Eric
06-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Hi Jerome! We've tested this on our EVO, and found the alarms are not ringing/vibrating. We'll get this fixed in a future update of DejaOffice. However, we did at least get the notification in the EVO's notification bar. When you have a DejaOffice notification, you should see a small DejaOffice icon in the EVO's notification bar at the top of the screen. You should be able to swipe this down to see the details of the notification.

DJOCTO
06-09-2010, 08:26 PM
This should be fixed with DejaOffice 1.5 released today. Please check it.

jeromelw
06-10-2010, 12:18 PM
This should be fixed with DejaOffice 1.5 released today. Please check it.

Hello.

I downloaded the new 1.5 release last night and did a 'Purge and Reload' of my Outlook data, but this morning none of my tasks triggered any sort of notification when their alarm times were reached. I looked in DejaTasks and they all have the little alarm icon associated with them, but I'm just not being notified at all (not even in the notifications bar like Eric mentioned he saw on his EVO). Perhaps my task settings aren't properly configured as I am able to receive calendar alarms/notifications. I'm not really sure where to go from here so any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

DJOCTO
06-10-2010, 02:01 PM
Jerome, try making a new task in DJO with an alarm in 5 minutes. See if that rings.

jeromelw
06-10-2010, 03:07 PM
No joy. I made a new task in DJO and it did not trigger any sort of notification (ringing or otherwise).

Eric
06-10-2010, 04:55 PM
I wonder if the alarms you are getting for your calendar events are from the native Android calendar. Try this: in DejaOffice go to Settings>Calendar Settings, and put a check in "Ring Alarms" and also "Vibrate" and/or "Play Sound". Then see if you get your task alarms.

jeromelw
06-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Eric,

I went into the Android calendar settings and turned off all notifications. I then made sure that DejaCalendar notifications were turned on (just like you described) and I created a new calendar entry (non-recurring) and set it up to alarm at a certain time. Sure enough, at the appropriate time, it notified me as expected (notification bar and ringing). I then created a new task in DejaTasks and set it up to alarm at a certain time and it did not generate any notifications whatsoever. DejaCalendar consistently triggers notifications for me and DejaTasks consistently does not.

Jerome

DJOCTO
06-10-2010, 11:43 PM
If one works and the other doesn't then it's just a technical issue. We have an evo inhouse. We are due to release a small bugfix update on Friday. I'll work to see if we can get this figured out. Thanks Jerome for the notes.

jeromelw
07-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Bump.

I know that there have been a few new versions of DJO released since I first posted on this topic and I'm still not able to receive task alarms. I'm wondering if any EVO owners are receiving notifications from their task alarms? If so, would you mind sharing your settings? I'm stuck having to create calendar entries for my tasks to get some sort of notification at a specific time.

Jerome

jcpicard
07-02-2010, 05:29 AM
Same problem here with HTC Droid Incredible. No task alarm notifications.

Mar00k
07-06-2010, 10:11 PM
Same trouble on my G1.
Calendar notifications from DejaOffice works good. But not task alarms.

Fix this please, without this using DejaOffice for tasks is impossible (for me), notifications is the main option in task management.

Eric
07-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Hi all. We'll get this fixed.

jeromelw
08-20-2010, 08:12 PM
I'm a bit late on this, but I wanted to post this update nonetheless. As of v1.6.3 of DejaOffice, I am receiving task alarms on my EVO! Big thanks to your development staff. Great job. Keep up the nice work.

Squig
09-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Hello. I too am on the trial period for DejaOffice with just a few days left. But, it seems -- based on the dates of the posts above -- that this issue should have been resolved by now. Unfortunately I am receiving no sound or vibration signal for alarms in my calendar or tasks. Please let me know what I can do; I'd love to keep (and buy) this software. Thanks.

Squig
09-15-2010, 09:34 PM
Additionally, I keep playing with the sync settings but can only get the phone to sync to outlook or vice versa, never both ways.

DJOCTO
09-18-2010, 07:35 AM
DejaTask alarms have long been synchronizing so this thread is old.

Check your Android Notifications to be sure they are turned on, and that there is an alarm tone (sound) selected.

Also check DejaOffice Settings for Alarms and persistence.

Romulas
09-23-2010, 08:30 PM
Not sure if this is the place but the thread is dealing with tasks. I just updated to 1.6.8 and I can set a task, however when I add an alarm from the task edit I get a force close and a prompt to send the information to somewhere. Has this been reported?

thanks.

Romulas