PDA

View Full Version : Deja Contacts wont sync with Android Contacts

JKFC
06-07-2010, 01:45 AM
I have been trying to sync my contacts from my palm desktop to Deja Contacts to Andriod Contacts. I managed to get all of the contacts from desktop to Deja, but only some of them sync to Andriod Contacts, and none of the catagories sync at all. I have purged and reloaded several times. Please help.

Eric
06-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Hi JKFC! In DejaOffice, tap "Settings", then "Sync Settings", and make sure that "Sync with Android Contacts App" is checked, but that "Sync selected categories with Android Contacts App" is not checked. Then run a "Read Android Data" sync from DejaOffice. Does this help?

JKFC
06-09-2010, 09:07 PM
i did manage to get them to sync, but then as soon as the phone syncs with gmail everything gets wiped out again. I tried to stop it from syncing with gmail, but it does it anyway. I'm so frustrated!

DJOCTO
06-09-2010, 09:29 PM
A lot of it has to do with record counts.

What exact phone do you have?

I have an Android 2.2 phone. On my phone I can go to Android Contacts. Tap Menu. Select "Accounts". Uncheck "Auto-Sync". That's all.

Under "Manage Accounts" it will say "Sync is Off".

JKFC
06-09-2010, 10:27 PM
I have the HTC Evo. I turned off auto sync, but it seems to have synced anyway. Why does it erase contacts, instead of actually syncing? Is there anyway to export a backup of dejacontacts to my sd card?

Eric
06-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Now that the auto-sync to Google is turned off, I'd recommend trying another sync with CompanionLink, but this time instead of running a purge and reload sync, try a reread sync. From the CompanionLink Setup "Options" drop-down menu you can choose the "Reread PC Data on next Sync" option. This should resend your Palm Desktop contacts to your Android. I wouldn't expect that they'd get wiped out again.