PDA

View Full Version : Troubles with DejaOffice

csgreen
01-03-2011, 09:38 AM
My time and task management system are key to my business success. I would like to convert to DejaOffice on an iPad to facilitate synchronization to my company's Lotus Notes environment but I have some concerns.

There seems to be many postings (here and on the Apple App Store) regarding "challenges" with DejaOffice. Are there known synchronization issues or are these user errors? Are there other known bugs that are being fixed? When is the next major release schedule for distribution and what will it address?

I must have a stable, dependable environment. Can you address my concerns?

Thomas
01-03-2011, 02:33 PM
I would highly recommend reviewing the setup videos and the setup guides on our website. We have just added
http://www.companionlink.com/videos/
http://www.companionlink.com/support/setupguides.html
Also, we offer a free 15 day trial of CompanionLink. We provide this trial period so people can verify our products meet your business needs.

howardthegardener
01-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Do NOT waste your time and money yet! I have been experiencing terrible problems which I still think is more of a companion link problem than dejaoffice, contacts once sorted to correct fields perfect took 2 days experimenting. Calendar nightmares, only syncs calenders up to 6 months to the day yet my events show in all categories, multiple duplicates in iphone native calendar if turned on email today suggests problem lies with Dejaoffice and need update to fix a number of problems and should be in near future. To have paid 70 dollars for something that clearly does not work is more than disappointing. If the company was uk based there would be issues under trading standards, a path I do not wish to go down all I want is a proper sync every time - after I began on act ver 3 many years ago

Help please as have busy diary and iphone plus ipad thinking of going back to windows mobile 6.5 and my old HTC HD2 at least that sync worked!

lukn2lrn
01-05-2011, 08:01 PM
I have just started using deja office, hoping to be able to utilize outlook tasks on my samsung captivate, and keep them in sync with my tasks on my laptop. After performing my sync, some of my tasks were duplicated on my laptop. So far it seems like the duplicated tasks are those with multiple categories. Anyone else having this problem?

Ssperling
01-12-2011, 07:37 PM
I have been using dejaoffice for a couple of weeks with my iPad. I just did an update and now the program will not open when I touch the icon. I uninstalled it and reinstalled and it still won't open when I touch the icon. What am I doing wrong?

Thomas
01-13-2011, 12:33 PM
You aren't doing anything wrong.
This issue is a result of the automatic import of contact groups running slowly and possibly crashing.
We are pushing out a quick fix very soon (1.1.6) that makes the import function a user option vs an automatic startup function. This should resolve startup issues.