PDA

View Full Version : Feature/Change request: Individually launchable apps

Jayhawk94
06-10-2010, 09:59 PM
There's enough taps required to do anything in this OS already. Would you all be able to break out the apps (Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Notes) from the DejaOffice app such that they can be tapped/launched individually? I never need to use all four at once.

As a long-time Palm user, I'm more than accustomed to having these four functions at my fingertips. I've been trying to decide between Missing Sync and CompanionLink. The frequent CompanionLink & DejaOffice updates and quick responses here at this forum are encouraging to see. But I'd rather have PIM apps that are or appear to be freestanding.
-Thanks

DJOCTO
06-10-2010, 11:40 PM
Hey Jay! It's easy.

On the Android Desktop, Long Click to get this list of Shortcuts. Choose DejaOffice. Then choose the app you want to launch.

One tap at your fingertips. For me, it's Contacts and Calendar.

Jayhawk94
06-11-2010, 10:07 AM
Ha! I haven't had these four apps so readily available to me since my TT3! Keep working toward those old PalmOS PIM apps as the gold standard please. Certainly leverage the capabilities of a connected device like this Evo I'm using, but only after you've recreated the functionality of those time-tested apps!
Thanks - Kyle

Jayhawk94
06-11-2010, 10:17 AM
Ha! I haven't had these four apps so readily available to me since my TT3! Keep working toward those old PalmOS PIM apps as the gold standard please. Certainly leverage the capabilities of a connected device like this Evo I'm using, but only after you've recreated the functionality of those time-tested apps!
Thanks - Kyle

DJOCTO
06-11-2010, 09:04 PM
We're working on it!

Pre to Evo, huh? O_o

(Good choice). As much as I had hopes for Pre, Developmentally, we'll be able to do a lot more with Android SDK as a developer. This is only beginning to show. Count on your Evo being the most changing plaform of any of your past phones. Past phones worked the same from the day you bought it, to the day it went in the drawer. No more. Android and Android Apps are evolving so rapidly that your Evo will do dramatically different things before you replace it two years from now with a device with 4 times the resolution, 10 times the memory and 1/10th the weight. Mark my words.