PDA

View Full Version : sync changed the dates in calendar

JKFC
06-11-2010, 06:18 AM
I synced from palm desktop to phone, and everything seemed to be fine. Then I made one small change of a phone # in contacts (palm desktop) and synced. The last sync changed the dates of most of my appt. in my deja calendar! One birthday shows up on the correct date AND two days later. A reoccurring event that was supposed to start on sat. now starts on sun.! Please, I can't have this, I NEED for this to be accurate! Fortunately, the desktop is intact, so I'm going to purge and reload.

Please tell me what I need to do so that this doesn't happen again.

Eric
06-11-2010, 10:04 AM
JKFC, you're on the right track with the purge and reload, though you'll want to make sure that your builds of CompanionLink and DejaOffice are up-to-date. Also, you might check your date/time settings on your PC and Android. If you see this problem again, you should contact CompanionLink tech support right away.

kronhead
06-13-2010, 09:38 PM
I have this same problem - all day events started moving around - seems like it was 2 days forward, then only 1 day forward - and they were changed IN outlook, which really messed me up. It started after upgrading to 1.5.0 - and after I discovered alarms on recurring events were not set - called in - was told it was fixed by 1.5.0 - did a purge and reload - still no alarms on recurring events - and discovered the moving all-day events. I know now that alarms on OLD recurring events don't get set - which seems like a pretty big gap in function - and it would have been nice to have been TOLD about in advance ...

But the bigger issue is the bad data created for all day events. Now I no longer feel I can trust CL & DJO - so can someone convince me that you have professional testing procedures in place, and this is VERY unlikely to occur again??? Otherwise, I'll give up on this.

Very frustrated.
Dan

DJOCTO
06-14-2010, 09:26 PM
This should now be fixed in release 1.5.2

kronhead
06-14-2010, 09:44 PM
This should now be fixed in release 1.5.2

So, this was a known problem? Cause I have been communicating with email support, and they seemed unaware of it, and asked me to recreate it, and provide some diagnostic. I would rather not go to that effort, if it was known and fixed ...

Thanks
Dan

Eric
06-16-2010, 04:07 PM
Yes, this is fixed in our current release of DejaOffice (we're now up to 1.5.3). So give it a shot!

bry54
06-20-2010, 12:43 PM
I am still having a problem with all day events syncing between Android onboard calendar and DeJaCalendar. Only when the all day event spans more than one day. Not sure where the problem lays. I tried entering multiple day all day events in the Android calendar and after saving it would either add or subtract a day to the range.
Any hints?

DJOCTO
06-21-2010, 08:45 AM
Noted! We'll look further.