PDA

View Full Version : Remove worthless built in apps...

startagl
06-11-2010, 06:59 AM
Is there a way that once dejaOffice is installed that the worthless android calendar, contacts, etc applications can be removed? Or is this a ROM thing. I would not be surprised if dejaOffice is purchased by Google at some time in the future for the PIM features and dejaOffice becomes the default apps. Out of the box droid phones appear to be toys, until you load dejaOffice.

Great work guys. I look forward to reading about you in Fortune Magazine.

Eric
06-11-2010, 10:46 AM
I don't think that you can remove the Android contacts and calendar, though at least you should be able to remove the shortcuts so you don't have to look at them! Thanks for the positive feedback! We'll keep adding new features and make DejaOffice even better.

DJOCTO
06-11-2010, 09:02 PM
The key thing is that you can make Shortcuts for DejaOffice.

One of the really cool features of Android is the ability to make 4-5 or more custom "desktops" with whatever apps you want. I have mine set to 2 personal, and 2 business desktops. Personal has phone, IM and stuff. Business has my Calendar, Tasks and Business Contacts. During the day I slide Left and at night I slide right. Easy.

I hardly ever go to the full menu of all apps. To do it doesn't use the power of Android.