PDA

View Full Version : Outlook calendar - birthdays

Lior Messer
06-14-2010, 10:44 AM
Hi,

just bought DJO to sync my Samsung Android with Outlook. Well, contacts sync greatly (which was my #1 priority). Now, since Contacts was already ok, I decided to go one step further and load birthdays at my Outlook Calendar and sync it to my phone, so that it would remind me of birthdays.

Looks like the sync somehow deletes the alarm (all birthdays had a 15 minutes alarm). All birthdays are loaded into DJO perfectly (including the recurrence) but there are no alarms. I checked back at Outlook and all alarms were gone...

I understand DJO currently does not edit recurring appointments, would it be related?

Additionally, the recurring birthdays did not go to the Android Calendar app (not that I care too much, just checked out of curiosity). However, a single appointment that I entered into Outlook (non-recurring), went fine, with the alarm intact.

Rgds
Lior

DJOCTO
06-14-2010, 08:20 PM
We're checking on the issue of Alarms on recurring dates. I'll post further soon. Our next development item is to fully support Recurring dates, and Alarms will be a part of this. So it should be fully supported in just a couple weeks. The task at hand is to mediate the very large difference between Outlook Recurrings and Android Recurrings, and find a way to depict them programatically while minimizing the conflicts in capabilities. I'm sorry for the delay.

Sven
07-16-2010, 04:59 PM
I have a similar problem. Recurring events sync not properly.

1. The events are shown in DJO one day before the event-date, when there is an alarm before midnight on all-day events.
2. Alarm is not synced on all recurring events.
3. All recurring events are not synced to Android-Calendar.

I use the trial-version of CompanionLink USB 4. I hope the issues will be fixed. I didn't tried Missing Sync yet and will wait the 2 weeks I can evaluate DJO.

Greets from Germany, Sven

Eric
07-28-2010, 11:25 AM
These issues will be resolved in DejaOffice 1.6, due soon.