PDA

View Full Version : Documentation

Lior Messer
06-14-2010, 10:51 AM
Hi,

new user again... Is there a complete user guide somewhere? DJO looks quite self-explanatory but some things are no clear. For example: what is the purpose of "Read Android Data"?

Additionally, where exactly is the distinction between CompanionLink and DejaOffice? I somehow understood that CL would be the PC application, while DJO would be the Android one (and looks like there arew two companies, with two websites). However, my Android app shows as "CL Usb Sync", and the release note says "DejaOffice 1.5.1".. I am confused...

rgds
Lior

Kaena
06-14-2010, 02:53 PM
Hi Lior,

I'm currently working on a user guide for DejaOffice. Stay tuned, we'll be sure to post in here when it's available.

The difference between CompanionLink and DejaOffice is as you understand it - CompanionLink is a PC application, DejaOffice is an Android app. CompanionLink needs DejaOffice to sync with Android devices, but DejaOffice doesn't necessarily need CompanionLink. DejaOffice can read from the native Android contacts and calendar databases, and can be used with any software that also uses the native databases. For tasks and notes, as well as a more complete sync of contacts and calendar (with features such as categories), you want to use CompanionLink to sync with DejaOffice.

jayork
06-15-2010, 11:16 AM
Yes please put that documentation out there! I'm one of those weirdos who actually read manuals ;-) ... and I want to know how things tick and why, not just "follow this recipe." Thanks. Eagerly anticipating its premier.

Eric
06-18-2010, 02:55 PM
Check out dejaoffice.com/classroom for our new guide to DejaOffice!

Kaena
06-18-2010, 03:41 PM
Check out dejaoffice.com/classroom for our new guide to DejaOffice!

Eric, you beat me to it!

We just launched our Android guide this afternoon, check the link above. I'd love to hear any feedback you may have!

Lior Messer
06-18-2010, 06:57 PM
...so this is getting exactly to where I requested.Great work, congratulations to all!!!!