PDA

View Full Version : Task Priorities in Outlook don't sync to DejaTasks

viajero9
06-14-2010, 02:53 PM
I see low priorities sync over, but not high priority ones. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Theresa
06-14-2010, 03:42 PM
how did you even sync outlook and dejaoffice tasks?

viajero9
06-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Sorry, let me be clear. I sync'ed 7 tasks from Outlook to DejaOffice. All 7 sync'ed successfully. But the two tasks that are high priority, show up as Normal priority. But normal and low priority tasks are correctly labeled normal and low priority on DejaOffice. So it appears that there's an issue with "High Priority" status not sync'ing to DejaOffice.

DJOCTO
06-14-2010, 09:13 PM
Via we ran some tests to try to replicate this. Things are working fine for us.

I'm incline to believe your report. But also I know that priorities will soon be overhauled to include Franklin Covey techniques. FC involves priorities with letters like A1 and B2 which our system doesn't currently handle. So I think in simple time, whatever issues there are now will be improved or fixed by the changes planned within the month.

I know this is not a fix. Please report with 1.5.2 whether this is still an issue for you. But also know we're paying very close attention because this is a very important detail.

viajero9
06-15-2010, 10:07 AM
Thanks for quick reply. I just sync'ed more tasks over, and some high priority did make it over, so not sure what this is, looks like a random issue..
One more question (or feature request?) - In DejaTasks, how can I sort BOTH by priority and by date, as opposed to one or the other? I want to see everything due today, sorted by priority, at the top, but it seems to only sort one way or the other? I tried to manage by selecting only today and then priorities, but overall it seems like the filters can use some improvement:
1 - make it clear which ones are mutually exclusive choices
2 - allow showing options that are not necessarily mutually exclusive, like showing BOTH all overdue tasks PLUS stuff due today (right now it's one or the other).
3 - overall allow more flexibility - e.g. allow selection of how many days forward and backward (as opposed to fixed at 7).

Thanks!

Jayhawk94
06-15-2010, 12:11 PM
I, too, would like to sort my tasks by more than one criterion. Especially as viajero9 requested, by priority within a due date(s).

Eric
06-16-2010, 04:11 PM
This is good feedback; I'll pass it along to the developers.

photogpaul
07-13-2010, 02:08 PM
I am unable to sync any tasks from Outlook to DejaOffice. I have tried several purge and re-loads and can not get anything to sync. I am using Outlook 2007, CL USB, USB Cord, and Droid. I can;t get as far as other seem to have gotten.

Eric
07-13-2010, 06:34 PM
photogpaul, I'd recommend contacting CompanionLink tech support for help with your sync.

Rolloutman
07-14-2010, 04:35 PM
This would be a great idea and add a lot of value. Hopefully we'll be able to link them with Outlook (perhaps categories? or ____)

Via we ran some tests to try to replicate this. Things are working fine for us.

I'm incline to believe your report. But also I know that priorities will soon be overhauled to include Franklin Covey techniques. FC involves priorities with letters like A1 and B2 which our system doesn't currently handle. So I think in simple time, whatever issues there are now will be improved or fixed by the changes planned within the month.

I know this is not a fix. Please report with 1.5.2 whether this is still an issue for you. But also know we're paying very close attention because this is a very important detail.