PDA

View Full Version : Promising start, then Big Trouble

jalsina
01-24-2011, 11:33 AM
Just installed DejaOffice 1.1.6 on iPhone 3Gs and CompanionLink 4.0 on PC running Win7. Successfully synchronized 50 notes and over 2000 contacts from iPhone to PC. Then trouble began.

I updated a small number of notes and contacts and re-synched. After 1/2 hour, it hadn't completed, so I cancelled the synch on CompanionLink. 1/2 hour later, DejaOffice says it's still downloading, and I can't make it stop. CompanionLink now says it is unable to connect to the iPhone. So, I'm dead in the water.

I also experienced extremely slow response time when updating items in DejaOffice. Time to change screens after editing was never less than 5 seconds and often as much as 15 seconds. This is unacceptable.

I was also surprised that the DejaOffice calendar did not import any information from the native iPhone calendar. That means either losing years of business and personal history, or spending maybe 20 hours transferring it by hand.

I'd like to fix these problems. Can anyone help? If not, I'll have to uninstall it.

Thomas
01-24-2011, 01:05 PM
Just installed DejaOffice 1.1.6 on iPhone 3Gs and CompanionLink 4.0 on PC running Win7. Successfully synchronized 50 notes and over 2000 contacts from iPhone to PC. Then trouble began.

I updated a small number of notes and contacts and re-synched. After 1/2 hour, it hadn't completed, so I cancelled the synch on CompanionLink. 1/2 hour later, DejaOffice says it's still downloading, and I can't make it stop. CompanionLink now says it is unable to connect to the iPhone. So, I'm dead in the water.

I also experienced extremely slow response time when updating items in DejaOffice. Time to change screens after editing was never less than 5 seconds and often as much as 15 seconds. This is unacceptable.

I was also surprised that the DejaOffice calendar did not import any information from the native iPhone calendar. That means either losing years of business and personal history, or spending maybe 20 hours transferring it by hand.

I'd like to fix these problems. Can anyone help? If not, I'll have to uninstall it.

Are you syncing via WiFi?
When you updated the notes and attempted to re-sync, were they updated on the PC or the iPhone?

What Pim are syncing with on your PC desktop? Outook, or a different app?
Assuming Outlook, if the desktop Calendar has the records you need, you can use CompanionLink to sync to the DejaOffice app.

You can also contact the support department:
http://www.companionlink.com/support/contact.html

Thanks

jalsina
01-24-2011, 01:23 PM
Thomas,

Yes I'm synching by Wi-Fi. Desktop application is Outlook 2003. The calendar entries I want are on the iPhone, not on the desktop. I want to transfer them to Outlook on the desktop.

When I updated notes and contacts on the iPhone and tried to send the updates to Outlook, they were not updated in Outlook.

BTW, I finally figured out how to kill the DejaOffice task on the iPhone. The application was hung up and draining my battery in a hurry.

Can you synch between Outlook on a PC and DejaOffice on iPhone using USB?

Any idea why synching crashed? Why it is so slow when only a few records have been changed? Why changing screens takes so long?

Thanks. J

Thomas
01-24-2011, 03:00 PM
Thomas,

Yes I'm synching by Wi-Fi. Desktop application is Outlook 2003. The calendar entries I want are on the iPhone, not on the desktop. I want to transfer them to Outlook on the desktop.

When I updated notes and contacts on the iPhone and tried to send the updates to Outlook, they were not updated in Outlook.

BTW, I finally figured out how to kill the DejaOffice task on the iPhone. The application was hung up and draining my battery in a hurry.

Can you synch between Outlook on a PC and DejaOffice on iPhone using USB?

Any idea why synching crashed? Why it is so slow when only a few records have been changed? Why changing screens takes so long?

Thanks. J

J Thanks for the additional info.
CompanionLink does not support USB sync with iPhone.
What is the Version of IOS on your 3Gs? If your iPhone OS is 3.x then the native calendar info will not load into CompanionLink. If you are running IOS 4.x then the calendars should populate.
I suggest contacting the support dept if you are running IOS 4.

jalsina
01-24-2011, 03:05 PM
I am running 4.2.1 on the iPhone.

Thomas
01-24-2011, 03:08 PM
I am running 4.2.1 on the iPhone.

I thought you were using IOS 4 based on the comment about killing the DJO procedure.
They should be showing up in Deja Calendar.
Were these calendar entries you have in the native Calendar made by hand or synced from another source?

jalsina
01-24-2011, 03:10 PM
Mostly entered by hand, but some synched from another source.

Thomas
01-24-2011, 03:11 PM
Is the other source an Exchange server? (Corporate email server.)

jalsina
01-24-2011, 05:33 PM
Yes, it is an exchange server.

Thomas
01-25-2011, 07:57 AM
Yes, it is an exchange server.

I am going to do some research today and provide you with an answer to this problem asap. Thanks for your patience.

Thomas
01-25-2011, 02:17 PM
Lets Back up and go to the simplest possible answer.
Please complete the following steps on your phone.
Launch DejaOffice
Tap Settings
Tap Sync
Select Sync with iPhone Calendar App
Tap Yes.
Navigate back to the main screen of DejaOffice and launch DejaCal.
Do your native iPhone Calendar events now show up in DejaCal?